RBLR1000 16th June 2018

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
The RBLR1000 is the opportunity to ride long distance at the same time as other riders.
There are various routes for all abilities and staggered start times.
The ride will again be based at Squires Café in the midlands.
There is free camping on site for riders and nearby motels.
There are 4 routes of 1000 miles ( leading to lifetime IBA membership)
one route of 1500 miles for a BunBurner Gold ( You must be an Iron Butt Rider to attempt this ride.)
2 routes of 500 miles for those that do not fell they are up to 1000 miles. Completing this ride Does Not lead to Iron Butt Association Membership
Riders are expected to raise sponsorship for the British legion poppy appeal.
Last year the 100 + riders raised over £15,000
All the details and documentation as well as entry form can be found on www.RBLR1000.co.uk Poppy.png

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Only know about a date, but this is still to be confirmed.

Graeme is checking with Squires but looking likely to be the weekend of 15-17 June. This date is two weeks before the next Armed Forces Day so hopefully no clashes with any events :).

hope its ok to post here, just thought id let folks know the total i raised for the legion on this years rblr1000, really enjoyed it, even though i was off my tits on pro plus and red bull and ended up been awake for 44 hours!! but oh well roll on next year. i missed out on the 24 hour target because the old vespa had a few troubles the last 300 miles, but after fixing the problems and carrying on i made it back in 26.5 hours. now i have a bit of experience and an idea of how to plan i am ready for next year and hopefully smash the 24 hours on the little 125 :).

if anyone wants a look at the bits of info on my page facebook.com/rickt5.1000mile

Attachments

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
That's not a great weekend for motorsports fans - Le Mans 24 Hours. Though I do realise that it's pretty much impossible to find a weekend where there isn't something else on!

Regards,
Martin

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
hope its ok to post here, just thought id let folks know the total i raised for the legion on this years rblr1000, really enjoyed it, even though i was off my tits on pro plus and red bull and ended up been awake for 44 hours!! but oh well roll on next year. i missed out on the 24 hour target because the old vespa had a few troubles the last 300 miles, but after fixing the problems and carrying on i made it back in 26.5 hours. now i have a bit of experience and an idea of how to plan i am ready for next year and hopefully smash the 24 hours on the little 125 :).

if anyone wants a look at the bits of info on my page facebook.com/rickt5.1000mile
Brilliant
Well done. You will succeed next year

Dave Rose

Hi Rick,
Well done on completing even if it was over the 24 hour target. I thought it was a great shame.
It would have been even worse if that car had hit you after you came down from the dual carriageway!! I was coming under the bridge when I saw you come zooming out in front of the car. I was on the Shadow behind you when we went into Squires. I'd started late, around 0630 but only did the 500 route.
Better luck next year, hope you don't have a repeat of the mechanical troubles. I thought it was very brave of you to do it in the first place.
Cheers
Dave

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
I can confirm there'll be 7 routes on offer for 2018 :eek:

North & South 1000's (4 directions, same as 2016 & 2017)
500 clockwise & anti-clockwise (previously only anti-clockwise)
BBG1500 (new route for IBA members only)
:D

Last edited: