RBLR1000 16th June 2018

Just looking into doing the 2018 event - 1,000 miles on a 125 scoot or is it time to go for the 1,500 BBG on something a bit more suitable .......
Well time off work is sorted, the ferries are booked (from Jersey to Poole), hotels booked (I'm getting too old to camp) and registration sorted - I'm in for 2018 !

Working on some colleagues and hope to bring them along as well.

Aitch

New website looks good - didn't realise entry was now live - just signed up
http://www.rblr1000.co.uk/

Just a couple of minor points - the entry form says "RBRL1000 2017 Entry Fee" in the top right corner and if you click on Route A - although the info is correct the title page is wrong (it says Route B)

Last edited:
Did i read right that even if you finish after 24 hours you still get a certificate? I never got one. Just reading through things for this years attempt

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
On the routes page https://rblr1000.co.uk/routesmain.html when you click on the map for Route A - North Clockwise the tile of the page it brings up is Route B - North Clockwise.

Can these routes be used before/after as certified routes for a normal SS100?
You can ride a Saddlesore any route you choose just read thevrode rules for the requirements which are different from the RBLR1000 which is preverified. You will need start and end receipts but make sure that your route is 1000 + miles

Jonnyp

IBA Member
Can I ask... is the 1500 route a BBG only. I.e if you miss the 24hr mark but get back within 36, would it be a std BB ?

And is there a fall back that if, you return to Squires with in 24hrs and have covered over 1000 miles you still get an SS1000 cert?....

Crezz

Done north routes only, thought of going south with traffic etc always put me off. Any thoughts on Southern Routes ?
Done all the routes, North seem better but South were OK as well. Plus did a BBG1500 one year just for a change. That was nice!!!!

Im all signed up and raring to go. This old vespa is going to be pushed to its limits even more this year in hope to beat the 24 hours
Good luck and great choice of bike - the fundraising is far easier and much more successful if you choose the 'wrong' bike ! I'm on a 125 (or maybe 110) cc scooter this year !

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Can I ask... is the 1500 route a BBG only. I.e if you miss the 24hr mark but get back within 36, would it be a std BB ?

And is there a fall back that if, you return to Squires with in 24hrs and have covered over 1000 miles you still get an SS1000 cert?....
Hi Jonnyp,

Of course you can change your BBG to a BB just need the correct paperwork; the IBA people will not wait 12 hours for you to return so you may need to find other witnesses but depending on your start time there may still be people around after 36 hours.

Yes you can do a SS1000 if you decide not to go for the BBG, again just get the paperwork right.

Another point is all the certificates are prepared as to your instructions so you won't get the instant gratification of a certificate after the event should you change your ride.

The RBLR1000 is set up to take all the hassle out of completing an IBA certified ride to make sure you have the best possible chance of achieving your goal but the really good thing about most certified IBA rides is you can do it when and where you want but doing it outside the umbrella of the RBLR1000 you will have to make sure you nail down the paperwork or you won't get a certificate. IBA is very pedantic about checking you did what you said you did.

Last edited:

Jonnyp

IBA Member
Thanks Dave.

I’ve done the northern route both ways and just want to push it a bit further, but don’t fancy putting myself in the position where I push it too far. If I know there is a fall back, I won’t be leaving empty handed either.

However, I am signing up for the full 1500 BBG and will do my upmost so Phil does not have to sign too many certificates .... :)

Jon

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Did i read right that even if you finish after 24 hours you still get a certificate? I never got one. Just reading through things for this years attempt
Hello Rick. Yes a finishers certificate just not a SS1000. The list did get sent to Phil who was away in America at the time. Email him and I'm sure he'll be able to post one out to you.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member

I've created a bail-out route so if there's bad traffic or a rider is fatigued they can still return to Squires and get a SS1000. I'll email this out to the few riders that sign up for this extreme ride.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
The n
Done north routes only, thought of going south with traffic etc always put me off. Any thoughts on Southern Routes ?
The new southern routes have far less motorway miles in them than the original ones did. If you're considering either of these download both routes into your mapping programme and experiment with timings. Personally I'd go clockwise so I can get down and around London earlier then look forward to a quiet evening ride up the Welsh coast as the sun is going down.