RBLR1000 16th June 2018

I've created a bail-out route so if there's bad traffic or a rider is fatigued they can still return to Squires and get a SS1000. I'll email this out to the few riders that sign up for this extreme ride.
Many thanks Mark

All signed up for the BBG1500.

Let’s hope there’s no need for the bail-out... can you organise sunshine and no traffic by any chances?

Jon

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
I submitted an application for good weather. ;) Unfortunately though as any Bunburner ride requires many motorway miles in the UK, the traffic may be the main issue, plus you will more than likely ride in and out of several weather systems :confused:

Last edited:

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Which route will you be signing up for? Goin' for a 1000 or one of the 500's? ;) Does it have the capability for a sat nag or can you rig up a clipboard/route car holder maybe?

Which route will you be signing up for? Goin' for a 1000 or one of the 500's? ;) Does it have the capability for a sat nag or can you rig up a clipboard/route car holder maybe?
Going for the north anti clockwise - it'll be tight but I think (hope ?) I can do it in the 24 hours !! The bike can sit fairly comfortably at 55 mph so, realistically, I'm expecting a 50 mph moving average. Leaves a few hours for fuel/coffee/food breaks ..........

It'll be left pretty much as it left the factory apart from a sat nav, heated grips and possibly handguards and small windshield. The huge 5 litre fuel tank will be supplemented by a small can of petrol strapped on the rack !

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
I look forward to seeing it then. To compensate for your lower cruising speed compared to bigger machines (that also have bigger fuel tanks) it's recommended to only eat/drink/pee when you stop to refuel, especially as you'll be stopping more frequently than many others. Once signed up, try and get some several hundred mile practice rides in as this will help you gauge how fast and far you can travel between fuel stops. You can then research where you can refuel on the anti-clockwise route :)

Heads up for people who don't have a Spot Tracker or similar .......

There is an iPhone app called Bluelane (costs about £5) which tracks you position and marks it up on an online map which can then be shared to allow people to track your progress in real time. Only issue is that it does use a bit of battery power so users will need to sort some sort of 'on the go' charging backup for the phone. Otherwise it seems to be a cheap way of letting people know how you are getting on.

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
I have a non-fruit based phone and use a similar app called Bubbler GPS. It works with Spotwalla maps so again, loved ones or anybody you share the link with can see where you are in real time. You can also attach photos and messages too.

Heads up for people who don't have a Spot Tracker or similar .......

There is an iPhone app called Bluelane (costs about £5) which tracks you position and marks it up on an online map which can then be shared to allow people to track your progress in real time. Only issue is that it does use a bit of battery power so users will need to sort some sort of 'on the go' charging backup for the phone. Otherwise it seems to be a cheap way of letting people know how you are getting on.

Hi Pebble,

Have a look here - https://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?threads/swconnect.1555/ Could be of interest.

There is a location sharing app called Life360 which I have tried and it seems to work quite well.

Not that I’ve tried it but google maps also seems to let you share your location..

BFB81857-5996-42E6-AE68-9352664ED52E.jpeg

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
I'm a novice at the RBLR1000, I've been trying since I found you crazy LD riders 3 years ago, but commitments meant it never happened...I have a few Rally's under my belt but no IBA No., sad as I can't order any gear...so jealous. But that's all going to change this year...so what are your words of wisdom Ziggy? I'm all ears...

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Kim. My advice...Just remember you are doing the ride to finish in time. That is your prime reason for doing it. Don't waste time early in the ride. Bank time to use up as you tire. If you get back in less time it's less tiring. During the ride keep hydrated but dont stop for a large meal. It just wastes time and makes you tired digesting it. Just snack at every stop.

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I'm a novice at the RBLR1000, I've been trying since I found you crazy LD riders 3 years ago, but commitments meant it never happened...I have a few Rally's under my belt but no IBA No., sad as I can't order any gear...so jealous. But that's all going to change this year...so what are your words of wisdom Ziggy? I'm all ears...
Phil has responded to my post ..

The RBLR1000 is the opportunity to ride long distance at the same time as other riders.
There are various routes for all abilities and staggered start times.
The ride will again be based at Squires Café in the midlands.
There is free camping on site for riders and nearby motels.
There are 4 routes of 1000 miles ( leading to lifetime IBA membership)
one route of 1500 miles for a BunBurner Gold ( You must be an Iron Butt Rider to attempt this ride.)
2 routes of 500 miles for those that do not fell they are up to 1000 miles. Completing this ride Does Not lead to Iron Butt Association Membership
Riders are expected to raise sponsorship for the British legion poppy appeal.
Last year the 100 + riders raised over £15,000
All the details and documentation as well as entry form can be found on
The RBLR1000 is the opportunity to ride long distance at the same time as other riders.
There are various routes for all abilities and staggered start times.
The ride will again be based at Squires Café in the midlands.
There is free camping on site for riders and nearby motels.
There are 4 routes of 1000 miles ( leading to lifetime IBA membership)
one route of 1500 miles for a BunBurner Gold ( You must be an Iron Butt Rider to attempt this ride.)
2 routes of 500 miles for those that do not fell they are up to 1000 miles. Completing this ride Does Not lead to Iron Butt Association Membership
Riders are expected to raise sponsorship for the British legion poppy appeal.
Last year the 100 + riders raised over £15,000
All the details and documentation as well as entry form can be found on www.RBLR1000.co.uk View attachment 1235
I cannot wait to do this ride. I am an old retired soldier (well not too old 50) new to biking, past my test just under 2 years ago but ride my fazer 1000 pretty much every day to work and when the sun comes out for fun. I have been all over Europe, done the NC 500 and can't wait to have lots more adventures while my body is still able. This is a fantastic cause and I will raise as much money as I can. I have chosen the northern anti clockwise route, less traffic than down south and the views and roads are amazing. Looking forward to meeting you all
www.RBLR1000.co.uk View attachment 1235

Welcome along Stimpy. Good luck..

But please... be careful quoting Bob...him saying something once is bad enough... but letting him say something twice is preposterous....:)