Recommendations on Gore-Tex boots

Kylearane

Premier Member
My previous boots were TCX Baja. They served well until the toe box on the left one was torn up when I was hit by a car. After I recovered I switched to Alpinestars Toucan. I haven't had any issues walking in them, even for extended distances. Neither pair have leaked.

yon

Premier Member
It's time to replace my engineer boots with a proper motorcycle boot. After my experience with my Darien jacket, I've decided that whatever boot I buy must have Gore-Tex construction.

So far, I'm looking at offerings like the Dainese Fulcrum GT and the TCX X-Five.4 GTX (nice looking boot, terrible name). I briefly considered the TCX Fuel WP, but decided against it because it was proprietary waterproofing and not true Gore-Tex (I'm absolutely enamored with Gore-Tex and my mind is set).

I'm looking for 4-season ability, so boots with lots of mesh construction aren't the way I want to go.

What are you LD vets and gear hounds using these days? I need to get something soon so that I have time to break them in before Heart of Texas.
I'm curious what you ended up going with and how to you like them so far.

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I just ordered the new TCX Clima 2 Surround Gore-Tex Motorcycle Boots. They are a new version of the previous one. They are not yet available in the US but I found them on a Europe store. They are on the Revzilla store but not available yet and the cost is $349. They were also $100 less in Europe and shipping was $27.

TCX Boots
https://www.tcxboots.com/us/en/road...-gore-tex---black/dark-grey-20179524242C.html

Where I found the new TCX boots
https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...TCX-Clima-2-Surround-Gore-Tex-Motorcycle-Boot

1686679616136.png

yon

Premier Member
After finding a pair of TCX X-FIVE.4 boots on sale, I went ahead and gave them a shot. Got them yesterday. They are a bit on the loose side, size 48s, while I wear a size US 13 EE, but that looseness allows me to wear heavy winter socks without issue. Only worn them around the house so far and they seem warm for summer, but we'll see when I finally get out and ride with them. If I stick with them, I'll also invest in TCX's Clima 2 Surround's for summer riding.

Greg Rice

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have been wearing TCX Gore-Tex boots since they were called by another name, Oxtar. I have had the Matrix, X Five and all of the other names, I think 7 different pairs. They have always felt good and were truly waterproof. I could walk many miles in those boots.

I bought the new clima 2 surround, boots gore-tex because the sole is meant for uneven surfaces where the X Five’s sole was really meant for even surfaces.

I was surprised that they were not yet available in the US.

Steve Gallant

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
A bit late to the topic, but I bought the TCX X-FIVE.4 as an additional pair several months ago to start working in to my normal AlpineStars Web 2.0 rotation. I love the AS Web boots, but they are not very durable.

I have not been that happy with this TCX model. While comfortable and waterproof, they don't seem to breathe very well. I always feel like my feet are sweating profusely in them after a few hours, something that doesn't happen with the AlpineStars. For that reason I chose the AS to wear on the IBR.

I'll be experimenting again when it's time for the next pair of footwear.
Steve