Registration request Denied

agmom98

Premier Member
Someone on the FB page has posted that he tried to register for this forum but received a rejection email, saying his account didn't meet criteria to join the forum. He says that the application form didn't ask him for an IBA member #. Edit: It may be a name mismatch. He appears on the finisher list with his full first name, but uses a shortened version of that name on Facebook. Could that be the problem?

Last edited:

mkneebone

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
It looks to have been an IP address on a subnet used by a spammer. It looks like the forum can only block down to the last block in the IP address range. Had nothing to do with the actual user, only that someone at his ISP was spamming forums run by Xenforo so the entire 256 addresses close to his got blocked. It is a new one on us too...

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
To provide a bit more explanation:

I do most, if not all, of the approvals. The Forum software flags IP addresses as Mike describes. I reject all requests that are flagged by the software. I probably average a couple of dozen requests a day. I would estimate that 80-90% of all requests are spammers, mostly it seems from Russia.

This is also the first time I've heard of a legitimate user being flagged, but I can understand why it would happen from time to time.

Ira