Requesting to process my application submitted 5 years ago.

Sir,
I'm Karthik Srinivasan from Tamilnadu, India. I've completed my IBA SS1600K challenge on 06-08-2015 and submitted the completed documentation on 17-08-2015.It's been more than 5 years now. Still, I haven't heard from you anything regarding the certification, except acknowledgement. whenever I send e-mail, I only get an auto-generated reply. But here in India, people who completed their attempt years after mine, have got their ride approved. There's no news about mine.
i'm fed up of contacting IBA India facebook page also. repeatedly they are saying same thing for years and now-a-days they stopped replying me. The order of processing is baffling. I humbly request you to check the status of my ride & update me. atleast, if it's rejected, i can attempt it again. i've done a sincere hard work to complete it. I don't want my effort to go in vain. please help me sir. this is my last resort.

Ps: The documentation was submitted from my email id - [email protected]
ph: +91 9566446960

Thank you.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@Ira to the white courtesy phone please.

Mr Srinivasan, I can understand your frustration. International submissions to the IBA are a difficult process and nothing is certain when it comes to delivery, from you, or back to you. I do see no listing for you in the IBA rides list at this time, supporting your lack of response. If you submitted payment for your ride certificate, was that payment ever processed? Generally, that is the first indication that the ride was verified. To verify a ride in India, from the United States, presents some challenges.

I admire your strength of will to complete the SS1600K challenge in your country. Having spent a small amount of time there in 2014, I have some small understanding of the country. I hope that your ride can be found and verified. I have brought this to Ira's attention, and hopefully he will be able to discover why your ride has not been processed. There were some difficulties with rides submissions from India at some point in the past, with false submissions. Hopefully your ride was not accidentally removed from the system at that time.

Thank you Sir. No i haven't made any payment, as i didn't receive any email from iron butt association, except acknowledgements.
Even if it's removed, I'm ready to submit it again.
I'm ready to extend my sincere cooperation.

No. I'm not even getting replies these days. I left no stones unturned. Still, I'm clueless about how to escalate this and whom to reach.

cjmckay

Premier Member
Surely there is someone that can investigate - especially where you have been able to give a very precise date of application. I see a call was put to @Ira in 2021. Hopefully someone can step in and at least say (a) "Sorry we have no idea where your application is.", or (b) we've found it but there is ... issue with it" or (c) "please start the submission process again" or (d) "we looked at it and we can't certify". I'm conscious of the fact that much of the work is done by volunteers but a little communications goes a long way (even it is 'off-forum' and done privately via the 'conversations' tool). At least this conversation has been enough to get your account upgraded from 'New Member' status to 'Member' status. Not much more that you can probably do under the circumstances. Good luck with it all....

Exact date and time the application submitted was Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 9:41 AM. I received an acknowledgment for the receipt of application form Mr.Michael Kneebone on the same date. I've attached the screen shots of both emails for your reference. Thank you for the efforts. Mail sent.jpg Mail sent.jpg acknowledgement.jpg Mail sent.jpg acknowledgement.jpg

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Speaking from similar experience and having learned along the way you need to pay when your lodging your document submission.
Back around the time of your first submission it was not uncommon for all the documents page to present on your PC screen.
I was with two other riders and our documents sat for several years though lodged by our then IBA rep.
It was a simple fluke that one day I actually found a whole other ream of information not before seen on the screen.
My mate Toura asked a very simple question one day " did you pick out your merchandise and pay your fees?"
Well this was a revelation.
Just wondering have you done anymore IBA rides and submitted any since?
Karthik I think you may have set a different sort of record and its some sort of indication of your determination and even stamina.
Lots of normal souls would have moved on to some other interest by now.

I hope this resolves itself.