Reverse Mountain Run SS1600K

Rusjel

Premier Member
Fantastic mate, that's a beaut way to do a 1600.

I would like to know what you think of your Klim suit, particularly in the cold.

For the first time in my miserable life I'm actually spending a dollar on decent gear rather than the cheap arse stuff. I'm interested to know how it goes from an IBA rider.

Wombattle

I would like to know what you think of your Klim suit, particularly in the cold.
It's awesome gear. The Latitude/Badlands stuff is a waterproof armoured outer shell. The temperature dictates what layers you'll need under it. I've run a Jett heated vest and three layers and if it's really, really really cold and I'm riding for hours in it I've been known to put a puffy jacket on under it too (michelin man moment but effective).

In summer I run the LD Comfort tights and long sleeved top which for me is good from, say 14 degrees to 48 degrees using the venting as needed (or not). Because it's Goretex and waterproof it can get warm but I'm a fan of air up the sleeves and out the back vents rather than mesh and lots of flowing air. Personally I don't have the time or the will to carry zip in/out liners etc and try to change them on the road.

The only thing that catches me out sometimes is in cold weather in the rain. When the rain stops the water evaporates from the outer layer and this can increase the chill for a while. In summer rain it's awesome.

It's the most waterproof stuff I've ever had (not perfect) and it stands up well to the occasional off on gravel. I also think Adventure Moto/Klim have a 5 year replacement program if you crash and damage it.

I wear the Badlands Jacket (more offroad) and Latitude pants. The Badlands has a really nice hard external layer over the knees that I feel might cause some pressure problems on a really long haul because it's relatively inflexible and I'm not sure if it will soften up. Less of an issue if you are offroad and standing a lot I guess. The Latitude has a softer layer outside the knee and you can put various armour in the pants or ditch the armour and wear knee braces under them all day if you want to.

One suit that does everything I need. Worth trying a few of the different jackets/pants on though. Each of the range seem to have slightly different cuts so some suit portly people, some thinner and that may guide your choice.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Great ride and what a route! Fog and great roads, what else could you ask for besides an opportunity to take a handful of pics queuing, any excuse to have a breather lol. Well done mate! Loved the pics.

Tele

Premier Member
Another great ride and an equally great read once again Wom. :) I think it takes me longer to read through these notes that it does you to actually ride them! This post-university gig looks pretty damn good :p

Wombattle

Great ride and what a route! Fog and great roads, what else could you ask for besides an opportunity to take a handful of pics queuing, any excuse to have a breather lol. Well done mate! Loved the pics.
I think I’ve ridden the Bruxner more times in daylight than darkness now but I am not sure. Brought back memories of our TAI and two of the dark runs, Karl. :rolleyes: