Ride Around North Carolina Gold.

Dave28117

Premier Member
I've not seen one yet, Gold or otherwise. Be careful not to follow the map on the rides page. it does not include the stop in Rosman.

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
You're welcome.
Note that the requirement is to visit the locations in the list on the webpage, in order. The stops shown on that webpage's map do not correspond to the list, in several respects.
Below is an example Google Maps graphic with waypoints that do correspond to the list, a CCW route starting & ending at Murphy . . .
RA-NC-GM.jpg

Regards . . . Dave

On the Ride Around NC, can anyone advise if you have to actually ride within the city limits of each city listed? For example, on the map below Morehead City's city limits are within the dotted red lines. The Brandywine Bay Golf Club is outside the city limits, but has a Morehead City mailing address. Is that close enough? Obviously, I wouldn't be getting a DBR at the golf club, but this is just an example I could illustrate on the map.

The instructions you say have to "ride through" each city (with quotes around "ride through", just like that), but I'm not sure what the quotes are supposed to mean.
1704599536730.png

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Typically when planning your ride, if you click on a gas station or other business on Google Maps, it will show the address. That address is what will be on the receipt, (may or may not be complete), but it helps in planning your stops to document your ride.

I did this ride last April, it was a lot of fun, making it with only 14 minutes to spare for the Gold certification. I would recommend getting the mountain section done first and during daylight hours.

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
On the Ride Around NC, can anyone advise if you have to actually ride within the city limits of each city listed? For example, on the map below Morehead City's city limits are within the dotted red lines. The Brandywine Bay Golf Club is outside the city limits, but has a Morehead City mailing address. Is that close enough? Obviously, I wouldn't be getting a DBR at the golf club, but this is just an example I could illustrate on the map.

The instructions you say have to "ride through" each city (with quotes around "ride through", just like that), but I'm not sure what the quotes are supposed to mean.
View attachment 11416
Are you aware that only a start and end DBR are required for State - Province Ride Arounds?

From the rules if this helps: "Again, Spotwalla.com is required to prove you "rode-through" all required jurisdictions in the required order."

Just be sure your SpotWalla trip shows you rode within the limits of the required jurisdictions.