Ride Around the Big Paddock

Fatman

Just got off the phone with Wingman.. They have decided to stop at Milton O/N on the south coast NSW after rain and fog came in quite thick and it was getting dangerous out there. Good decision guys.

I'll let Freddo explain why his Goldwing's low beam doesn't work and why he is missing a mirror and why the ABS sensor ring on the front wheel has damage.:(

spanner

looking forward to a interesting DNF ride report.

Well done for the attempt and for the awareness to call things off when they are not going to be safe to try and finish.

Farkleit

Premier Member
I just spoke to Wingman from Port Kembla, with 890km and 9 hrs to do it, he realises unfortunately that they are going to run out of time. BUGGER!

They are still riding south but may take a sleep stop near Eden he said.

As per LTP's moto, "Remember, the greatest failure is not to try" You both gave it a good shot guys, well done for trying.
Buggar alright. Spot link would have been great

Thought i'd update the forum letting you all know that the ol' boys got home last night.

As it seems that Wingman & Freddo have forgotten how to turn a computer on :oops:

Hopefully they remember soon and write ride reports :D

Well after having a good nights sleep :) I have now worked out how to turn on computer...lol
Thanks to Lynne for keeping you all updated with our ride details.

Yes we made the decision to stop for the night at Milton as we were tired, I had only high beam lights, no daylights or running lights, the weather was horrendous and it was time to come home safe to ride again another day :)
I will write a ride report and post a couple of photos today.

It was a fantastic journey and one that has lifetime memories. Very pleased that I tagged along with Des and we completed our personal challenge in 9 days and 15 hours approx. Distance travelled was 15,620 kms on Highway 1.

I realise now having a spot would have been good for many to follow us and thinking I will look into one for my next long journey ;)

Thank you to everyone for all your best wishes and kind thoughts it is greatly appreciated.

I'm glad that we inspired Ox to take up the challenge. Wishing him all the best and safe travels.

Cheers Freddo

kwaka

Premier Member
Des and Freddo. Dedicated to safe, long distance motorcycling. You are the true epitome of our sport and motto gentlemen.

When we launch into one of our IBA attempts, we are acutely aware of the infinite and possible outcomes. Although not the result aimed for, you two have undertaken one hell of an epic ride now filled with fantastic memories from an adventure of a life time. Well done on making, and then taking the hardest decision of all.

I'm sure the RR will give much to be learned and inspired from on this one chaps. Again, woof woof!