Ride around the south question

I live in Carksville TN. If I am reading the rules correctly, and I am in the route line, i can start the ride in Clarksville, and end in Clarksville. Just making sure, because that's very convenient.

Rules state can start anywhere in the listed states, as long as you get the required DBR in each listed city.

Just crossing my T's and dotting my I's.

Thank you in advance. Also gonna try and nest a SS of some kind.

Attachments

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
I do not think it is possible to ride 3,600 miles in 78 hours without completing an SS1k.

Looking at the math for the ride while not completing an SS1k:

First 24 hours: 999 miles
Second 24 hours: 999 miles (1,988 miles total)
Third 24 hours: 999 (2997 miles total)
Final six hours: 603 miles?

Like the rules say, in order to even complete this ride on the "Basic" level, you need to maintain better than an SS1k pace over the entire ride.

My guess (while not being part of the certification team) is that you would not be allowed to nest a Saddle Sore of any type in this ride.

Unless you travel the last 603 miles at >100 mph, by the time you hit the 72 hour mark you will already have completed an SS3k... :D

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I agree with Stephen's viewpoint on nesting a SS inside that ride. Looks like you have it covered, but take care not to enter KY from Clarksville to Union City. I see nothing wrong with your starting/ending in Clarksdale, TN according to the posted rules for that ride either.

@Bobo116 - That doesn't play. The Lap of the South gives you 65 hours for the Gold version. If you did the Gold ride successfully, you HAD to have done a SS3K, there for no bueno on nesting that inside the LOS Gold.

You can't nest a ride inside one that required you to complete the nested ride.

Last edited:
I agree with Stephen's viewpoint on nesting a SS inside that ride. Looks like you have it covered, but take care not to enter KY from Clarksdale to Union City. I see nothing wrong with your starting/ending in Clarksdale, TN according to the posted rules for that ride either.

@Bobo116 - That doesn't play. The Lap of the South gives you 65 hours for the Gold version. If you did the Gold ride successfully, you HAD to have done a SS3K, there for no bueno on nesting that inside the LOS Gold.

You can't nest a ride inside one that required you to complete the nested ride.

Clarksville....

If I can't nest, thats fine too.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
A nested ride just has to be something you didn't automatically do when you did the larger ride. It would be pushing it to try to nest a SS3K Gold inside the LOtS Gold too, but a BBG nested inside the LOtS Gold would be fine.

Clarksville, right. I am currently working on a route over to Clarksdale, MS for Blues Trail markers, but you are exactly correct and I did mean Clarksville, TN to Union, TN on staying out of KY.

A nested ride just has to be something you didn't automatically do when you did the larger ride. It would be pushing it to try to nest a SS3K Gold inside the LOtS Gold too, but a BBG nested inside the LOtS Gold would be fine.

Clarksville, right. I am currently working on a route over to Clarksdale, MS for Blues Trail markers, but you are exactly correct and I did mean Clarksville, TN to Union, TN on staying out of KY.

The whole nesting thing is so confusing. The SS anything is not important at all. Ill juat focus on the actual ride.