Ride Around West Virginia/BB1500

AirbusFlieger

For my next IBA adventure, Ride Around West Virginia.

I’m still a bit confused about the “nesting” rules.

If I stretch a Ride Around West Virginia into a BB1500 at the end of the RAWV is that two rides? Will the BB1500 cancel out the RAWV or vise versa?
Thanks,
AF

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
The basic rule is that if one ride by definition is completed within another, we only issue one certificate. Because it's possible to complete a Bun Burner 1500 without necessarily completing a RAWV, we could issue both. Just be sure to obtain a DBR at the end of the first ride to demonstrate you completed with ride with at least the minimum miles and within the time limit. Also include a note that you want both rides certified. The cost of the second ride (certificate only) is $20.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

AirbusFlieger

The basic rule is that if one ride by definition is completed within another, we only issue one certificate. Because it's possible to complete a Bun Burner 1500 without necessarily completing a RAWV, we could issue both. Just be sure to obtain a DBR at the end of the first ride to demonstrate you completed with ride with at least the minimum miles and within the time limit. Also include a note that you want both rides certified. The cost of the second ride (certificate only) is $20.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Thank you once again sir!

Planning in progress for a RAWV followed immediately by a continuation into the extra mileage for a BB after the RAWV DBR is obtained at the start/finish point.