Ride List Submission Notification...?

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
With the new system of listing completed rides, members were given the opportunity to submit an Excel table of all rides prior to 2020 so that the rides would be listed in the new format. I submitted my data last month and I was wondering if we would get a notification if something in the data/table was incorrect or problematic?

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
With the new system of listing completed rides, members were given the opportunity to submit an Excel table of all rides prior to 2020 so that the rides would be listed in the new format. I submitted my data last month and I was wondering if we would get a notification if something in the data/table was incorrect or problematic?
I submitted my rides spreadsheet, via email, on 11-Jun-2020, and received an immediate auto-reply as acknowledgement. Then 5 days later, I was notified that all had been imported into the new database. That's just one data point and may not be typical.
My submittal was emailed to <[email protected]>

You can determine whether or not your rides have been imported by signing in to your IBA eStore account, clicking your name (upper right corner of the page), then clicking "My Rides". The list of rides for your IBA Number should be displayed. On that page's left panel, there are additional options under "Search for a Rider" .

... Dave

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I also checked with Mike, who says he is checking with the Premier team - they usually do those within a week, so something is off.

Ira

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I've wandered away from the loop.

Is there a link or page showing the format for submitting rides by Excel?

Is this 'new system' for just new rides, or should I compile an Excel spreadsheet and upload 70 or so past rides?

I remember receiving the confirmation of submission e-mail but don't remember receiving any confirmation that the rides had been published. Checked into e-store and all my rides are listed.

-Mark

ScottAL

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I've wandered away from the loop.

Is there a link or page showing the format for submitting rides by Excel?

Is this 'new system' for just new rides, or should I compile an Excel spreadsheet and upload 70 or so past rides?
Log into your estore account, access my rides pulldown from under your name. Got to the big list, the link to the instructions and Excel template are on that page.

@dmcqueeney and @Ira, I did get the normal email notification when I submitted my table last month then nothing afterwards. I wasn't sure if the IBA is using some sort of automated process to import the data from the table once it has been verified and whether I caused an error, resulting in the delay. Of course, I don't know how long this process was supposed to take anyhow, but I wanted to fix anything if I had.

This morning, I received an email from Howard asking me to review my rides, and after a (really) quick review, other than some typos, everything seems to be there.

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Similar, I am having trouble submitting a premier application for my recent ride. I have always gotten an auto response, but this time nothing. I actually reached out to Howard after a few days and he replied that my app was not received (or in the server) and to send again. I resubmitted it again, and no auto-response again. I will give it a day and reach out again but I hate to be a pain over something like this.
I have never had an issue with my email getting messages in or out. And I CC'd myself on the submissions so I know they sent somewhere.

I used the premier link in the home page info as I have always done. Wondering how best to confirm it was received so it can be linked with my paypal I included.

What if someone is not doing a spreadsheet and just mailed in their trip via USPS.
Do we still get a email response that the package was received at headquarters.
I sent my paper work in the first week of June and have not seen any email from IBA.
Just curious.
John

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
This thread is not regarding the submission of rides. It is about making sure that previous rides are all listed correctly.

FYI, the email reply is an auto-reply to your submission. Many times, it will get stuck in a user's spam filter. Right now, it can take 12-14 weeks for us to complete a verification.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

This thread is not regarding the submission of rides. It is about making sure that previous rides are all listed correctly.

FYI, the email reply is an auto-reply to your submission. Many times, it will get stuck in a user's spam filter. Right now, it can take 12-14 weeks for us to complete a verification.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Got it. I'm new to the playground. I thought "spreadsheet" I didn't do that. I got all worried.

Howard Entman

IBR Finisher
Premier Member
Similar, I am having trouble submitting a premier application for my recent ride. I have always gotten an auto response, but this time nothing. I actually reached out to Howard after a few days and he replied that my app was not received (or in the server) and to send again. I resubmitted it again, and no auto-response again. I will give it a day and reach out again but I hate to be a pain over something like this.
I have never had an issue with my email getting messages in or out. And I CC'd myself on the submissions so I know they sent somewhere.

I used the premier link in the home page info as I have always done. Wondering how best to confirm it was received so it can be linked with my paypal I included.
Your ride application for a SS1000 was received on June 20.