Ride List?

igneouss

Premier Member
Been a year or two but I remember a much more extensive list of certificate rides along with some specific requirements for many of them.

Is this info still here?

Thanks in advance

igneouss

Premier Member
Guzzi - thanks. I've seen that one.
Hampe- that's close. Maybe the same. But I don't see a few i remember like coast to coast on rt 50 and heaven to hell etc.

Maybe the correct question is "is there a single list of recognized certificate rides?"

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Guzzi - thanks. I've seen that one.
Hampe- that's close. Maybe the same. But I don't see a few i remember like coast to coast on rt 50 and heaven to hell etc.

Maybe the correct question is "is there a single list of recognized certificate rides?"
Not at the moment, but we're working on it. What you probably saw was the online ride finishers list, which provides short descriptions of the less common rides. If you have a question about a specific ride, please email me.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
That seemed to be the list of rides...but it has a 2009 date. There's discussion on the old IBA forum on some of the history of these rides.

It appears as if some efforts have been applied by the association to update. I saw links to some updates to the 'common' rides; it may well have been in reply to another thread on the forum here.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
That seemed to be the list of rides...but it has a 2009 date. There's discussion on the old IBA forum on some of the history of these rides.

It appears as if some efforts have been applied by the association to update. I saw links to some updates to the 'common' rides; it may well have been in reply to another thread on the forum here.
As I said, there is a project underway to list all of our rides and their respective requirements.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
So help a newbie out here. If someone does the Lake Michigan 1000, is that one certification or two (SS1000)?
One. A Lake Michigan 1000 is just a form of Saddlesore 1000.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
Like Ira said. Any ride over 1,000 miles done in under 24 hours ( assuming the ride is documented properly by collecting the required receipts ) is a SS1000 Ride ( SaddleSore 1000 ).