Ride Plan - Canberra->Naracoorte

ACTCapo

Howdy good folk,

I’m racking my brain to come up with a suitable SS1600 route from Canberra to the Muster. Was thinking all the way around the coast including the Great Ocean Road, but the average speed would probably mean 20+ hours on the road - not ideal.

Is anyone else heading from Canberra or nearby and have a ride plan?

T.I.A.

Martin Little

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Howdy good folk,

I’m racking my brain to come up with a suitable SS1600 route from Canberra to the Muster. Was thinking all the way around the coast including the Great Ocean Road, but the average speed would probably mean 20+ hours on the road - not ideal.

Is anyone else heading from Canberra or nearby and have a ride plan?

T.I.A.
Yes, we will be riding a 2Up SS1600 from Canberra. Basic route head west towards Port Augusta, (thru Wagga, Mildura, Renmark), turning south east at Burra SA, to head for Narracoorte.

Spaz

Just got off the phone to ScoMo and he confirmed that doing an LD ride for my mental well-being does NOT satisfy any of the criterion for being allowed to leave my home so I'll just have to sit on the bike in the garage for 18 hours to test out the new seat. :mad:

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Where’s the “don’t like” button?
Yes well i don't like it either . This new format of how we do our days sucks for sure.
I have been dipping into my happy place on a huge scale this last few weeks.
Its funny how a place or a short snapshot of road pops into my brain at the oddest hours.

See Im still at work. Ive not bolted for the bedroom. I have banned any mates from down Sydney way visiting.
I live well out of town and I go to my work station nothing else.

It sucks now.
The bigger risk we run is after the wog passes and then the borders remain closed. That issue is far worse.