Ride to eat Dec Calais ?

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
Have we got any interested in a ride to eat to Calais before Christmas (we had one a few years ago and it was well attended) maybe with with a Saturday night stop over ? which a few of us are stopping over
That is it enough interested so

F A M I L Y P U B at 12.00
S A T U R D A Y 3 D E C. We will be stopping at the Ibis Style in Calais
I have had to change the date due to been booked out on the 10th

1. Graeme and Sally
2, Ziggy
3, John C
4 , Jonny P
5, In need of filling lol
6, Martin
7, Gordon
8, Foster
9, John Y
10, Peter C

Last edited:

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
What a good idea Graeme .
If we can get a few hardy souls im in. Last time was a great laugh and with the hotel right across from where we eat it couldnt be easier.

If I am fit it'd be good for me as I need to do a Belgium run ASAP. Is the hotel near the Pirates bar as I have fond memories of that place?

Be lucky, Iain

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Great idea, Graeme ... 10th Dec 2016 is good for me

Is that the date locked in ? ... if so I'm booking .

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
Yes let's go for it meet at for food at normal time in the Family bar (think that's the name I am sure someone will correct me) we will be stopping over at the Ibis style which is just over the road and has secure bike parking for those who have not been before

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
That's me booked then Graeme ...

Had to cancel the and Meeting in November and could not make the Oct RTE at the last minute so this will be a chance to catch up with some of you before Christmas.

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
All done for us and book hotel for Friday and Saturday riding down Friday bit of shopping Saturday morning lol so won't have much with us lol

pihlo

12 Days? 12Days!
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Cool.... Put Conny and me to the list. We start Friday late so cu on Saturday morning. Is the "Family bar" near by, part of the hotel?
Leave on Sunday.

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
No the Family Bar is across the road and serves great food and excellent beers.
Are you stopping Saturday evening ?.

pihlo

12 Days? 12Days!
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Stopping?
We ariv around 1..2am on Saturday morning, try to wske up fot the breakfast, at 12 in the bar, enjoy thevrest of the day and leave Sunday early but with BF

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
Just to double-check: the meal is at noon on Saturday 3rd Dec? Euro RTEs are usually in the evening, but I realise Calais is only just over the water! If it's noon, then going over on Friday evening makes sense. And if I'm going over on Friday evening, then a drink or two on Friday would also make sense!

Regards,
Martin