Ride to Eat nr 1 Lighthouse J.C.J. van Speyk Egmond aan Zee Netherlands febr 24,2018

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
To those going from Harwich...There’s a Morrisons, just out side the port with a cafe, if anyone’s interested in meeting there..
I will be there for a bite to eat before the ferry. Say about 8.30pm.:) Plenty of time before boarding closes at 10.15pm

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Regrettably I must withdraw from this chaps :(

I know, I know, I'm a total lightweight and I'll miss out on some fine dutch beer and excellent company and I'm very sorry but there it is.

I have a twin room booked in Golden Tulip Hotel Alkmaar which I can't cancel so if anyone can make use of it please do so.

hansi

IBA Member
Hello Together,

I still hesitate to take part. On Sunday I would have to go 300 km for driving home - normally no problem. But I'm not used to do this during permanent frost. :eek:

Best regards from Germany

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Sorry but I am not going to make it there tommorow.
I have just been recovered to home after breaking down with a dodgy alternator.:mad:
Have a good weekend.
I can't cancel my hotel, so if anyone makes a last-minute decision to go, or someone going decides to stay over, please be my guest.
Steve.

Last edited:

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
I'm now giving this a miss. Today on the way back from Aberystwyth, the bike conked out. Turned out it had run out of fuel, despite a) the gauge still showing at least a quarter of a tank remaining, b) the range showing 95 miles to go, and c) the right auxiliary tank still being almost full. So I'm going to stay at home and investigate.

I can't cancel my hotel, so if anyone makes a last-minute decision to go, or someone going decides to stay over, please be my guest.

Regards,
Martin

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher

Egmont lighthouse Holland.
Iron Butt Riders from across Europe meet.
People ask why we call ourselves the "Worlds toughest riders"
I say normal riders will not be riding 500+ Miles today, in temperatures around freezing point to take a photo and share a meal with like minded riders.

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
2 deg c when left stop 2 deg c nr Antwerp.
When I left I bungeed my overnight bag with "gravity". It's a red oxford bag. Nothing of value but would appreciate it if you could bring it back to UK if found!!!!!!