Ride to Eat Nr 2. Manteigas,Parque Natural da Serra da Estrela,Portugal April 17,2021

This is to explain commitment for all who enter...I have found a hotel that can handle the expected 25-30 participants for this....This day it is a National Holiday in Portugal so they want 1 booking from me for the group but I will be responsible for payment etc so once I commit to a certain nr of rooms I cannot go back and reduce nrs.....so I need to know quickly who is coming and who is not.....the cost for a room I still have to negotiate on but it will be in the order of Euro 85-90 per person incl brekkies we are working on a fixed menu for all....1 advice for all that have never been there it is absolutely advised to stay an extra day in the area as the roads in the area are absolutely fantastic.....if the weather is cooperating of course!! pls let me know asap if you will be there or not......thanks....system will be as always....16.00 pic on mountain top very near to Manteigas View attachment 4564 coordinates N 40.321930 and W 7.613844 although I cant make that work in my GPS....could not check that out 2 weeks ago due to fog/rain....18.00 bar and 19.00 dinnertime although that may be considered too early for the Portugese....Hotel we stay in is Athina coords from my GPS N 40 23 627 W 007 32 6944 single rooms are 73,00 double rooms 78 incl breakfast, dinner main course either Black pig grilled secretos with fries or River trout in a escabeche sauce with baked potatoes and vegetables in buffet style at 16 euro per person beverages not included.....there will be starters and dessert as well have no prices as yet for those but ...until jan 31 I have 17 singles and 2 doubles...the ultimate correct nr of rooms have to be decided by then latest and I have to pay for them all.We will have to break 1 rule the 7.....will become 7,30 this time which is best I could achieve...they consider we are taking lunch i.o dinner at that hour.....normal for Portugese is 9-10 O'clock.Breakfast 08.00-10.30

El Liste
1. Michiel Kerkhof
2 Kim Leeson
3 Michiel Buitenwerf
4 Tommy Wendt
5-6 Sean and Jean
7 Jon12A
8 Henri Castillion
9 Marc van Heelsbergen
10 Phisdelo
11 Gerhard M Krueger
12 Chris Mc Gaffin
14 Gordon Sears (No room no dinner)
15 Erwin Starinck
16 Wilfried Weyers
17 Mr Frank
18 Ziggy
19 Jonathan Baker 20 and wife 1 double room
21 Mikehi
22 Steve Winglider
23 Jon 12A
24 Steve Winglider
25 FazerPhil

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Giel , what About payments? To you or directly to the hotel?
Early january I will book all rooms required and pay for them .....there will still be add prices for starters and dessert I am waiting for rooms will all go in 1 booking....meal etc excl drinks shud not be much more than 25 euro tops....we can all pay that in cash while we are there..so by end january I will need all official names as I book the rooms and you can all paypal the rate to me or banktransfer for those that dont have Paypal

Mr Frank

Premier Member
Hi Giel, unfortunately I didn't manage to get rid off my sunday shift. So I will have to leave right after the picture.
But plan is to arrive on the 23rd at the Inatel and stay till 25th. I've placed a reservation via booking.
Maybe you and some others will arrive earlier as well :)
Cheers, Frank

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi Giel, unfortunately I didn't manage to get rid off my sunday shift. So I will have to leave right after the picture.
But plan is to arrive on the 23rd at the Inatel and stay till 25th. I've placed a reservation via booking.
Maybe you and some others will arrive earlier as well :)
Cheers, Frank
Thanks for the info.....I will arrive on the 25th coming from the north as well together with Gerhard and Chris....You can tell your experiences from the area to the others for their advantage!!