Ride to Eat Nr 5 Center of Switserland ,Sachseln October 19,2019

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
We meet at parking lot where there is a restaurant .the road to it is time restricted so better be there in time!!Coordinates of the point itself are N 46 48.4 E 8 13.36 WGS 84 method.Picture to be taken at 16.30 on this trip as an exception due to traffic rules. Hotels not booked as yet as I get no reply from the 2 I want to try nearby for rooms +food and phone not being picked up....As I am leaving soon for Ozzie I#ll do all that on my return here end january
1545929270023.png
The street is timerestricted - 20min up, 20min wait, 20min down. At the end of the (cooool) Road is a restaurant, enough parking space and from there you walk 5 minutes (NO Mountain walk - simple cross a green field)

the time restriction is only in high season (sommer)

hope this is enough information?

Parking lot to the Center

Publishing today so enabling the patches to be fabricated in time!!
List
1 Michiel Kerkhof
2 Kim Leeson
3 JonnyP
4 Michiel Buitenwerf
5/6 Peter Ihlo&Conny
7 Ralf Jacobs
8 Mr Frank
9/10 Gerd Heinzmann & Suse
11 Gordon Sears
12 Sean Sowley
13 Jonathan Baker
14 Lenard Jubb
15 Winglider aka Steve Westall
16 Gerhard M Krueger
17 Scott Miller
18 Mr Marcus
19 John Gann no room.....
20 Edwin Starick
21 Graeme Ferguson
22 Wilfried Weyers
23 Colin Bates
24 Phisdelo
25 Lynn O Kane
26 Phil Weston
27 Aileron
28 Ralf Jacobs
29/30 Iris and Arnaud (dinner +picture )no room in hotel staying elsewhere....
31 Rainer Killian

Last edited:

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
I'm in. Please add Suse and me to the list.

It's a great place.
Here are the sings that indicate the time restrictions.
Gerd, I assume the first photo is up and the second is down. In which case its good to see its shorter coming back than going up.

Is there any chance of a translation/interpretation of the time restrictions plate? I don't always trust google.....

Thanks

Gerd Heinzmann

Gordon, your assumption is correct.
The sign says: even hours for going up, odd hours for going down.
In our case as the photo will be taken at 4:00 pm, we have to go up between 2:00 and 2:40 pm and after the photo shooting we will have to wait until 5:00 for going down.
I would not recommend to ignore the time restriction. It's a narrow single lane road!

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Gordon, your assumption is correct.
The sign says: even hours for going up, odd hours for going down.
In our case as the photo will be taken at 4:00 pm, we have to go up between 2:00 and 2:40 pm and after the photo shooting we will have to wait until 5:00 for going down.
I would not recommend to ignore the time restriction. It's a narrow single lane road!
correct!! Somewhere I read this only applies in summer season but better safe than sorry..... for good order's sake I'll change the exact time for the picture of the group to 16.30 so we dont have to wait too long on our way back to the bar!

Scott Miller

An American in Europe
Premier Member
Great location and fun road (in other words, can be a bit dicey), not your typical heavily traveled and well maintained Alpine pass road.

I plan on joining you as well unless, as is the case most of this riding season, my work shedule shifts to prevent it. :eek: