Ride to Eat Nr 5 Center of Switserland ,Sachseln October 19,2019

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
I would absolutely have loved to join. But as most of you know, my current home in San Fransisco doesnt allow a trip with only driving. :rolleyes:
Instead Iris Landman and Arnaud Reymond will attempt to join you guys for this RTE. I think talking all the amazing stories about the RTE's might have infected some more Swiss locals before I left. Arnaud is maybe interested to become a member, so be nice. Iris is a also a Dutch that ended up in CH for work. Went to buy her first bike a few months ago, she doesn't have her license yet (learners permit), so first things first. :)
So yeah, be nice guys!

For the ones who care: In the mean time, I got a 2018 Triumph Tiger XRX Low in this amazing blue (see pics). Loving the bike, enough places to discover around here. Safe rides and have fun! Keep the shiny side up!
Hi Suzy i am sure both you friends will be made very welcome.

PS your blue Triumph is almost as good looking as my Blue BMW R1200 RT LC see picture 52717506_10214533319819808_9115172546424078336_n.jpg

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Has any one managed to work out a Non toll route from the hotel in Bar-le-Duc to the Hotel Krhuz.
At the moment Basecamp is giving me a route of 787 miles and 22hrs 19 min :confused::confused:
The toll route is obviously much better 251 miles 4hrs 49mins.
But do not want to get shafted into paying for a years road tax if I use their motorways. :eek::eek:

pihlo

12 Days? 12Days!
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I suggest pay the 40CHF. It's valid till 01/2020, it is much less then any other tollroutes in Europe - and riding from town to to town with hundreds of roundabouts is not "funny".

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
I suggest pay the 40CHF. It's valid till 01/2020, it is much less then any other tollroutes in Europe - and riding from town to to town with hundreds of roundabouts is not "funny".
I agree with Peter, much cheaper than Italy or France tolls...not that were going to Italy on this trip!

Gerhard

Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I am on the road for some days now and got some problems with the bike. No dealer here in France can help right away ... so the plan is I am going home now slowly.. No RTE for me.. sorry.

Last edited: