Ride to Eat Nr 5 Center of Switserland ,Sachseln October 19,2019

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Am already at location just drive à bit farther to thé café thé bloke just opened Thé café in fact there are no hours to go up the road indication got à plastic bag as it is out of dessin here. Watch out for thé climb pretty steep, slidy and narriow.
Tell me about it !!!!☺

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Ride to Eat nr 5 done and dusted.....midpoint of Switserland 10 km of goatpath incl hairpins to get up there...We praise the lord for no rain yesterday pm....it was fun though...all made it up there and pict was taken 10 mins earlier as fog started to come in to the place....and so our 2 newbies Iris and Arnaud missed the pic by a couple of minutes ....but we all got down to hotel safe and in 1 piece....27 attendees ....it's been a great year the group is expanding every year 16 attendees have been there at leats 4 out of the 5 RTE's 4 of them even made all 5...I'm proud of you all!!

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
For those not on FB my day didn't end all that well...but I am OK that's all that counts.... Not my day!! It was either broken wheelbearings or oil on the road in combination with an overflow of water but I had trouble staying straight for awhile on the road to Brussels....if felt like either loss of air in backtyre or wheelbearings prob so i rode into parking lot checked air OK checked bearings felt OK as well tried the parking lot and felt OK top ride again back on the road it again felt a little slippery/difficult riding straight lines....asphalt was a bit worn as usual in Belgium but kept going slow in horrendous downpour....10 mls later all of a sudden it felt like a highsider and slipped away out of control in heavy traffic I kicked the bike away from me and slided on my back....was very lucky to side exactly on the white line...bike was not hit by any car nor was I....got up got help upped the bike put on side of the road and towtruck was called picked it up and in store both crashbars lost most of the metal thats's the only damage I can find as it was a very low speed drop I have zero damage myself so now sitting in hotel mking arrangements with dealer insurance etc etc....could very well have been a lot of oil on road as colleaguerider Marc had same problem 45 minutes after me....he got off road inspected bike found no problem except greasy tyres...so he went on secondary road for awhile and then back on main road he had no furthur problem but saw 1 car in catch rails and another upside down later on so we suspect it was oil that caused my misery...may have to hold the stateroad department responsible for this.....anyways...I am 100% OK once again I had my lucky angel sitting opn my shoulder!!

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Sorry to hear of your adventure, glad you're okay though...I had a little adventure myself, I dropped my bike into Lynn's RT when the train came to it's final stop. Cracked fairing by me I think as the bike went straight on the deck...Costly, stupid judgment on my part, live and learn.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
For those not on FB my day didn't end all that well...but I am OK that's all that counts.... Not my day!! It was either broken wheelbearings or oil on the road in combination with an overflow of water but I had trouble staying straight for awhile on the road to Brussels....if felt like either loss of air in backtyre or wheelbearings prob so i rode into parking lot checked air OK checked bearings felt OK as well tried the parking lot and felt OK top ride again back on the road it again felt a little slippery/difficult riding straight lines....asphalt was a bit worn as usual in Belgium but kept going slow in horrendous downpour....10 mls later all of a sudden it felt like a highsider and slipped away out of control in heavy traffic I kicked the bike away from me and slided on my back....was very lucky to side exactly on the white line...bike was not hit by any car nor was I....got up got help upped the bike put on side of the road and towtruck was called picked it up and in store both crashbars lost most of the metal thats's the only damage I can find as it was a very low speed drop I have zero damage myself so now sitting in hotel mking arrangements with dealer insurance etc etc....could very well have been a lot of oil on road as colleaguerider Marc had same problem 45 minutes after me....he got off road inspected bike found no problem except greasy tyres...so he went on secondary road for awhile and then back on main road he had no furthur problem but saw 1 car in catch rails and another upside down later on so we suspect it was oil that caused my misery...may have to hold the stateroad department responsible for this.....anyways...I am 100% OK once again I had my lucky angel sitting opn my shoulder!!
Good to hear you're still fit and well. Good luck with the card game.

Flipje

Europe wide traveler
IBA Member
Sorry to read this Michiel, but as long you are ok.
My return was also very wet, nearly all the way rain and some heavy winds before each shower! Arrived home at 3 o'clock
Now you can use the Yam again! ... but it is in P!

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
They are working on the bike....my handlebar was destroyed by tow truck driver new 1 was just being put on.....air and wheel bearings felt OK front chock will be checked and wheels will be taken off for inspection....whatever it is the parts are in store and the bike should be OK to ride again on friday....new crashbars will be ordered in Portugal and mounted on my return.....fingers crossed nothing unfunny shows up later today/tmrw