Ride to Eat Nr 5 Cuneo,Italy oct 23,2021

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The hotel responded very promptly, and now have a twin room booked for Charlie (Splitter 142) and myself, still planning routes, choice from Ireland is either through Cairnryan and aim for Grenoble (or similar) on Friday night with a short run to the RTE on Saturday morning or through Holyhead and aim for direct to Cuneo arriving Friday night.
On they way home (weather depending) I would be keen to ride the Route Napoleon, I believe it is a nice ride.
Cool! if same to you the Route des hautes Alpes is also bringing you north towards Geneva and a bit more interesting than Route Napoleon which is a nice ride as well dont get me wrong!You will need a full day at least to do the proposed alternative.

Kim Leeson

IBAUK Shopkeeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Cool! if same to you the Route des hautes Alpes is also bringing you north towards Geneva and a bit more interesting than Route Napoleon which is a nice ride as well dont get me wrong!You will need a full day at least to do the proposed alternative.
Left is the Route Napolean, which is nice as Giel says... Right is the Route des Hautes Alpes...which I also plan on doing on this trip...fingers crossed.
Details can be found on Google.
1598608361739.png

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Received following email from hotel.....can the participants that booked via Booking.com cancel their rooms and go directly to the hotel att Gabrielle please?

Dear Gabriella

Yes all of them....some warned me as they received an automatic reply from you saying due to Corona etc so they booked tru Booking...I will notify them so they can cancel that and book directly with you.....Fingers crossed that Corona will be on it's way down instead of up as recent numbers are showing.As per today we have 23 attendants amongst them are 3 couples so you must have 20 bookings in total correct?

sincere greets
Michiel

Citando Info - Cristal Hotel Cuneo <[email protected]>:

Dear Michiel,
After checking 31/10/2020 reservations, we noticed many rooms booked on BOOKING:COM and so we would like to ask you which of them could be from your group.
Below the list of reservations:
Jubb Lenard
Sowley Sean
Memmen Krueger Gerhard
O'Kane Lynn
Gann John
Lesson Kim
Wamsganz Frank
Wendt Thomas
Van Heelsbergen Marv
Could you please indicate us if some of them are from your group?
We would also remember you that persons which booked on BOOKING.COM will pay the official room rate instead of the special room rate we reserved you.
They still have time to cancel BOOKING reservation and reserve directly with us to benefit from special rate.
We will update at the end of September to define all the details.
Best regards Gabriella Pepino​

Hey Michiel. I think with the way things are across Europe I’m going have to pull out of this ERTE, sorry.

Let’s hope 2021 is better for all of us to meet up again.

I’ll contact the hotel directly to cancel my room.

Jon

michiel kerkhof

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Jon You were 1 step ahead of me.....way things are going indeed all over Europe and UK I dont think we can safely do the RTE.I will send the hotel the sad message we aint gonna make it this year and postpobe the RTE till oct next year exact dates to be fixed soonest....Unfortunately you can all send them your cancellation messages....Let's hope indeed that 2021 will be better but I am worried this thing is not over on New Year's day!