Ride to Three Oceans Canada

Cal Ollerhead

Premier Member
I am planning a ride to Tuktoyaktuk, North West Territories from Halifax, Nova Scotia, this summer with a stop in Prince Rupert, BC on the way. This would have me visiting all three Oceans that border Canada. Atlantic, Pacific and Arctic. Google Maps indicate that the ride will be 5600 Miles (9000 Km) How do I create a certified ride for this. Do I ride it first, and then send in the documentation, or do I have to get it approved before I leave? If so, what would be the time requirements, etc. for such a ride? https://goo.gl/maps/Kr1fkzv6d2q5UK4p6

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
I am planning a ride to Tuktoyaktuk, North West Territories from Halifax, Nova Scotia, this summer with a stop in Prince Rupert, BC on the way. This would have me visiting all three Oceans that border Canada. Atlantic, Pacific and Arctic. Google Maps indicate that the ride will be 5600 Miles (9000 Km) How do I create a certified ride for this. Do I ride it first, and then send in the documentation, or do I have to get it approved before I leave? If so, what would be the time requirements, etc. for such a ride? https://goo.gl/maps/Kr1fkzv6d2q5UK4p6
We normally ask that you first complete a proposed ride prior to submitting it for consideration. This will provide any information pertinent to formulating the specific ride rules (e.g., any specific route or documentation points), including a proposed time limit(s). It would be up to you, in large measure, to establish the ride rules. You do not need prior approval from us to plan and execute a ride that is not (at least for the moment) one of our recognized rides. :)

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Cal Ollerhead

Premier Member
We normally ask that you first complete a proposed ride prior to submitting it for consideration. This will provide any information pertinent to formulating the specific ride rules (e.g., any specific route or documentation points), including a proposed time limit(s). It would be up to you, in large measure, to establish the ride rules. You do not need prior approval from us to plan and execute a ride that is not (at least for the moment) one of our recognized rides. :)

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association
Thank you.

Cal Ollerhead

Premier Member
Thank you. Yes, I just wanted to show the basic route . I plan to leave in late June so will plan the ride in more detail over the next few months.

Russ Black

Premier Member
This is how to get your Ride approved to be a Certified Ride. Create a Ticket by sending an email to the IBA Premier Certification team at [email protected] stating what you are trying to do as you stated above and include the Google Maps link on the proposed Route. Several sets of eyes will look at it and they will most likely make a few tweeks to it and send the approved route back to you. Not only will you earn the award but you will get credit for creating it.

There is the Far North insanity and Ultimate Canadian Insanity already established. (See the big list) What you propose is different but overlaps a fair bit. MIght give you a good idea about time frames to choose for your ride. Sounds awesome, keep us posted on progress.