Riding Partners Wanted for the SBR/JBR 2022

Cliff Wall

Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Post here if you are looking to pair up with either an IBR Finisher to ride with in the Senior Butt Rally, or if you need a partner to join you for the Junior Butt Rally. A little information about your LD and/or rally riding experience, your general home location, and which rally you would like to enter would be helpful. Rally staff will not be involved in match making but we will do everything we can to answer rally related questions that might bring you closer to a decision. We've all heard the lines about "enjoys long walks on the beach", etc. Save that stuff for after you get on the road together. :)

Georgemowry

Happy Motorcyclist
Premier Member
IBA Member
Post here if you are looking to pair up with either an IBR Finisher to ride with in the Senior Butt Rally, or if you need a partner to join you for the Junior Butt Rally. A little information about your LD and/or rally riding experience, your general home location, and which rally you would like to enter would be helpful. Rally staff will not be involved in match making but we will do everything we can to answer rally related questions that might bring you closer to a decision. We've all heard the lines about "enjoys long walks on the beach", etc. Save that stuff for after you get on the road together. :)
Hi Cliff, I want to do a rally like Junior Butt. You might recall I earned the red lantern for coming in dead last in RAT21 after a tire replacement. Thanks to TimMasterson who got me through the ordeal. I have ridden 99 + IBA rides but not rallies. I ride an FJR. I hope to have Aux tank fitted soon. I will ride RAT22 in the other direction if I am not riding Junior Butt. George Mowry. #14042. Smiles.

Cliff Wall

Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Hi Cliff, I want to do a rally like Junior Butt. You might recall I earned the red lantern for coming in dead last in RAT21 after a tire replacement. Thanks to TimMasterson who got me through the ordeal. I have ridden 99 + IBA rides but not rallies. I ride an FJR. I hope to have Aux tank fitted soon. I will ride RAT22 in the other direction if I am not riding Junior Butt. George Mowry. #14042. Smiles.
Thanks George. That was an epic effort you put in to finish the RAT last year. Nice work. We'll be driving as much traffic as we can to this forum in order to bubble up options for teaming. Let's see how it goes. :)

Cliff Wall

Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Howard Entman contacted me about a rider who will be a rookie in the 2023 IBR that is looking to ride with a vet in the SBR. Pretty straight forward request until I learned he is coming from New Zealand. He is working with Howard to source a bike he can purchase in the US that he can ride in the SBR and then store here until he rides it in the '23 IBR. I believe his preferred ride is a Kawasaki Concourse. He has most of the farkles necessary to get the bike rally ready, but obviously this is no small feat to pull off.

The IBR community has always been about helping our foreign riders accomplish a ride in the big dance. Anybody out there up for the challenge?

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I can't help much, LDX and IBR have me tapped financially this year, but if he needs a place to keep the bike until the IBR I can offer garage space, rally prep work, place to ship and store items and storage maintenance services.

Last edited:
Howard Entman contacted me about a rider who will be a rookie in the 2023 IBR that is looking to ride with a vet in the SBR. Pretty straight forward request until I learned he is coming from New Zealand. He is working with Howard to source a bike he can purchase in the US that he can ride in the SBR and then store here until he rides it in the '23 IBR. I believe his preferred ride is a Kawasaki Concourse. He has most of the farkles necessary to get the bike rally ready, but obviously this is no small feat to pull off.

The IBR community has always been about helping our foreign riders accomplish a ride in the big dance. Anybody out there up for the challenge?
If I didn't already have a partner I would have been glad to take Chris along

Chris Wiltshire

Staff Helper
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher

With thanks to everyone who responded; I've found a wonderful partner for this year's SBR rally. I am officially off the market. :) - Thank you.

Cliff Wall

Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
This went out by email last night to current, past and considering riders of the SBR/JBR. Anyone looking to enter or needing a partner please stay tuned to the forum, FB and your emails. There is an extremely, and I mean extremely, strong field building for both of these events. Once the data can be sorted out and a few team names start to emerge, we'll post the field and you'll see what I mean. I may have to rethink the Finisher point level based on the rider talent level. :eek:

SBR/JBR Update – 4 Months to go…

(You are receiving this email because you are either signed up for the Senior Butt Rally or Junior Butt Rally or are a past participant or inquired about the rallies in the past. Future emails will only be sent to riders signed up for the 2022 events. Some informational posts for those interested will be available on Facebook or the Iron Butt Association Forum. )

On September 16th, a short four months from now, the riders in the SBR/JBR who have assembled in Allen, TX will be sitting down to a no-host dinner. The next night, Saturday the 17th, they will receive their marching orders at the Start Banquet. Sunday morning the 18th the six day team ride begins. Those who can manage the rigors of weather, time, mechanics, and miles and miles of road time will return the following Friday to a hero’s welcome. One team in each rally will take home the winner’s prize.

The previous two rally events have garnered 15 teams in 2019 and 18 in 2021. The 2022 rallies have a combined 18 teams already in just a few weeks of sign-ups. It looks like we will have a record turn out this year. The field is without a doubt the strongest yet for both rallies. Expect some epic battles coming down to the Finish.

Part of the excitement this year is the expanded offerings of the 2022 Big As Texas Party and Ride-a-Palooza. The weeklong event which is kicked off by the SBR/JBR also includes the Ride Around Texas (RAT) and RAT Rewind rides, a BAT SS1000 and BBG ride, plus ride-in certificates for those who wish to ride a 1,000 miles or more to the event, and more fun than should be allowed. Full details are here => https://www.ironbutt.com/texas/
If you wish to sign up for the SBR or JBR or any of the week’s events, go to https://ibaestore.com/ to do so.

And for those of you entering the SBR/JBR one final note. Please do not shave your heads yet. I have not decided how many points that will be worth.

Cliff Wall

Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
URGENT! - NEED RIDING PARTNER Lionel Ramos riding partner Thomas Postles suffered an unplanned get off on the way to Texas. While he is ok except for some non-life threatening injuries, he will not be able to ride in the Junior Butt Rally. We wish Tom a quick recovery and will keep him in our thoughts as we rally on.Lionel is heading on to Texas as soon as he gets things squared away for Tom and is in need of a riding partner. We can make this happen either as a JBR team or an SBR team if need be. You can contact Lionel directly or contact me, Cliff Wall, and we'll get things moving.Hope someone can jump in and help us out. Thanks everyone. Please ride safe. See you all in Texas!