Road Policing?

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Just as an aside we drive on the left. The double yellow lines are in the kerb are to stop parking not road centre lines; I was riding to the left very close to the kerb. Just saying.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
Just as an aside we drive on the left. The double yellow lines are in the kerb are to stop parking not road centre lines; I was riding to the left very close to the kerb. Just saying.
We all get that you drive on the left and that you think you were all the way over to the left. Fact is, you were not.

Attachments

I don't come on here often but wow, Didn't realise how many people over the pond are intermit with UK road usage laws.
Was the car driver carrying out an illegal manoeuvre yes, was it out of courtesy very possibly not, just couldn't be bothered to slow down and give room. Would i of reported it if i had a cam, possibly no excuse for bad driving.
As for the not close enough to the curb, 2 points 1. As motorcyclists i am hoping you know what happens when rubber and road markings in the wet comes into contact! @GarminDave the positioning is fine given the road 2. UK law states a 1.5m distance to a cars width to overtake cyclists, so the driver wouldn't of been able to legally or safely overtake until after the 2nd set of islands.
A cyclists speed has nothing to do with the conversation.

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
I don't come on here often but wow, Didn't realise how many people over the pond are intermit with UK road usage laws.
My apologies. When Garmin Dave asked for feedback, I didn't realize that responses should be limited to British people only. Damn these subtle linguistic differences.