Route verification

Hello
We are planning to ride the Arizona Iron Butt ride and need verification of one of our 4 corners please. Can you please call Justin Cole at 805 714-4186 or reply back to this email? We are starting in Prescott then want to pass Kingman and stop at US 95 as 1st stop. Then to Yuma, Tucson, Flagstaff and then back to Prescott. Is this acceptable or do we have to stop in Kingman? Appreciate it!

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
@DLivingstone - You'll need to be a bit more specific about what ride you are attempting. And please remove your phone number, no one is going to call you except spammers. Some kind soul might text you to help out, (highly unlikely to be an official IBA verification team member), but you really need to do your Q&A here. This is a forum, not a email listserv. You post here and need to come back here to respond.

Are you attempting to do a Ride Around/Lap of Arizona? These are not currently recognized rides on the Big List of IBA rides. You can certainly do this and submit it for that recognition, but there is not an established route at this time, (at least that I can find). Your route, as described, would not qualify for that.

Or are you attempting to do an In State AZ ride? In state rides do not have any specific locations required, only that all of your ride is inside the state you wish to claim the ride in. You need receipts every 350 miles or less.

Your route, as described, would appear to be an In State SS1K, although you are a little short if you are following the route shown in this LINK. It is typically advised that you pad your route with 3-5% over the 1000 miles to ensure you have enough when it is verified by the IBA. The route I linked to fits your vague description of your route, but obviously may not be what your plan includes exactly.

I-40 takes the 'corner' and heads South on it's own. That said, you will see from my link that a shortcut exists that the mapping program will presume unless you get a receipt in Kingman on I-40, (Exit 51 would be good), proving that you stayed on I-40 there. It's not a huge difference and may not be an issue if your route has 30-50 miles over the 1000 miles to allow for verification mapping like this that would not show your exact route. You are the one that needs to prove your route to the IBA by showing receipts that clearly support what route you say you rode.

This would be a better option to ensure enough miles. LINK

Last edited:

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
After adding Ash Fork in Google Maps so Google Maps doesn't have you back-tracking to Prescott after Flagstaff, I only get 959 miles. Is this the route you are planning on doing ?

I would say you also need to get another receipt after you start in Ash Fork to prove your route. Doesn't need to be a gas receipt.

AZSS1K.png