RTE - Lake Boga, Sat 23rd April

Ed.

Premier Member
Always wanted to go visit the Catalina museum at Lake Boga. My mum's dad flew Catalinas for a bit at the end of the war. (https://www.lakebogaflyingboat.com/).
I figure the ANZAC day weekend is as good a date as any.
The Pub menu looks passable too (https://m.facebook.com/pg/lakebogapub/menu/) .
So my plan is to be there around lunch time on Saturday 23rd, check out the flying boats, have lunch then head home ....in what ever order works best for me.
If there are a significant number showing interest, I will call the Pub to let them know how many are likely to show.

Most casual rte ever.

Skidoo

Premier Member
Always wanted to go visit the Catalina museum at Lake Boga. My mum's dad flew Catalinas for a bit at the end of the war. (https://www.lakebogaflyingboat.com/).
I figure the ANZAC day weekend is as good a date as any.
The Pub menu looks passable too (https://m.facebook.com/pg/lakebogapub/menu/) .
So my plan is to be there around lunch time on Saturday 23rd, check out the flying boats, have lunch then head home ....in what ever order works best for me.
If there are a significant number showing interest, I will call the Pub to let them know how many are likely to show.
Most casual rte ever.
Definitely interested in dropping down for a feed. Won‘t be another week or so before I can confirm unfortunately.

HACKLE

I'm interested. Makes a nice 1,000 km. round trip for the day. Oops can't make it, say day as the All British Rally ride to Maldon. All attending enjoy.

Last edited:

Skidoo

Premier Member
I see I'm not the only one. it's absolutely slamming me.
It’s been three weeks post COVID, I was lucky, I only had sore joints and a runny nose for 24hrs but don’t have the endurance. Not sure if it’s the 12hr shifts or the drinking :p Just need to get it all together for my next holidays…

thommo

Premier Member
IBA Member
No runny nose but a headache the size of the universe and as savage as a winter storm on pluto. Still can't boot the fatigue/ lack of endurance after 7 weeks or so. The egghunt gold over the weekend damn near killed me.

Skidoo

Premier Member
No runny nose but a headache the size of the universe and as savage as a winter storm on pluto. Still can't boot the fatigue/ lack of endurance after 7 weeks or so. The egghunt gold over the weekend damn near killed me.
Shit mate it hit you hard… bastard of a thing COVID. At least you got out riding, I had to work and plan o_O

Ed.

Premier Member
Sorry we missed you, Karl and sorry to hear you're still copping it from the 'Rona. Bastard thing.

Beaut day out on the bike. Not many pics. Glen and I ran down from Canberra, fantastic morning across the back road from Gundagai to Wagga, coffee in Deni and into Lake Boga by 1230. Ron was already there (since it was his local) and Thommo, Kate and Phil and Ads rolled in very soon after.

Good pub lunch (thanks for the beer, Ron), and then a look at the museum. Well worth the trip, it's a shame flying boats have become little more than an oddity.

Ron headed west just around the corner while the rest trundled back up the Murray. Thommo and Ads peeled off towards Bendigo while Kate and Phil stayed with Glen and me till Tocumwal. Man there are some long straights in that corner of Vic and a fair bit of on coming traffic-Makes night riding a real pain!

Glen and I got to Albury a bit after 8pm, then a very easy km munching run back up the hwy. Home a touch after midnight fire a welcome home whisky and then sleep of the happy rider.

Biggles

Premier Member
Have to agree- flying boats are a thing of beauty.
Also in agreement- very long straights are a pain at night, especially in roo country when you sweat for minutes at a time while not being able to see ahead clearly. Why do most drivers insist on dimming their lights 4 kilometres away!? The law specifies 200 metres as being appropriate. I'd really like to stop all of them and explain why it's better to endure a bit of glare (without focusing on it) and still be able to see your side of the road clearly.