SaddleSore 1600K Attempt in BANGLADESH

asrafuln

SaddleSore 1600K

Approximate Ride Stating Time: 28/03/2019 04:00am
Starting Point(A): Borisal Division
Approximate Ride Ending Time: 29/03/2019 03:30am
Ending Point(H): Chittagong Division
Total Distance: 1744km Approx.
Duration: 23 Hours and 30 minutes Approx.
Co-riders:
1# Md. Asraful Islam (Myself)
2# June Shadiqullah
3# MRK Shobuz
4# Mohammed Alamin

Since long i am dreaming to complete SaddleSore 1600K and this is my second attempts. My first attempt was in July 2018 and i have been failed due to time management It took around 25 hours to make 1610km. That attempt was solo ride but this time i got 3 mate, now we are 4 total and this time i am pretty much confident with my previous experience. you can see on my attached picture of planed map that showing A to H total eight points this all are center of our divisions. From A to Z google map showing 1744km but with time google trying to demotivate us, google is too slow here, but real scenario is different that inspired us.
Lets ride.... wish us luck guys

Advice/Suggestions are most welcome...
I am trying to manage a online ride tracker to share a link here so that Interested of you can see our live progress.

Google Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/BHatJk69Ciz

Divission + SaddleShore16K MAP.jpg Divission + SaddleSore16K.JPG

Last edited:

biquer

Premier Member
Good luck to you all. More people can mean more time wasting. You'll need some rules and discipline to ensure you're all still friends at the end!

JAVGuzzi

Premier Member
Good Luck !! My first attempt was a failure also.

So, tell us about the roads - how many lanes & speed limits, etc. And how difficult is getting gas in Bangladesh once you are out of the city ?

What make/model bike ? And what kind of gas mileage do you get on your bikes ? Thanks !!

Last edited:

Rusjel

Premier Member
Good luck to you all. More people can mean more time wasting. You'll need some rules and discipline to ensure you're all still friends at the end!
This. The only flaw I can see in your plan, apart from the crazy traffic, is subordinating your own rhythm to someone else's. Have a good honest conversation with your co riders about what ifs before you go.

asrafuln

Good Luck !! My first attempt was a failure also.

So, tell us about the roads - how many lanes & speed limits, etc. And how difficult is getting gas in Bangladesh once you are out of the city ?

What make/model bike ? And what kind of gas mileage do you get on your bikes ? Thanks !!
Really got inspired to hear that mate.

Gas station are very frequent here in around every 100km we may get gas station , Actually not worried about gas cause my bike has 16L fuel tank and per liter i get 35+km.
About road my trip is total approx. 1744km and all of it is not 4 lane some are 2 lane too it may be 40/60 in ratio. some roads has restrictions of 80km max speed.

My bike is from LIFAN model KPR150cc and i get 35+km mileage per liter fuel

cacomly

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Just took another look at your plan, 23hrs and 30 minutes is cutting it really close especially in a place with lots of traffic. I'd consider finding an alternative endpoint after you cross the 1600 km point, say 1650 km, just in case you are running behind. You can make the decision whether you stop there or go on to the planned end as you approach the alternate endpoint

HACKLE

asrafuln, all the very best for your planned ride. As Rusjel stated, make sure you and your co-riders all understand what is required at stops. Also if one or more drop out are the remainders OK with going on alone to finish the planned ride. I agree with what cacomly mentioned about reducing the distance to a more manageable distance. This will give you time if problems arise. Remember, you only have to do 1620 kilometres for the SS1600. All the very best..

asrafuln

Just took another look at your plan, 23hrs and 30 minutes is cutting it really close especially in a place with lots of traffic. I'd consider finding an alternative endpoint after you cross the 1600 km point, say 1650 km, just in case you are running behind. You can make the decision whether you stop there or go on to the planned end as you approach the alternate endpoint
Thanks for your advice...I will keep this on mind

asrafuln

asrafuln, all the very best for your planned ride. As Rusjel stated, make sure you and your co-riders all understand what is required at stops. Also if one or more drop out are the remainders OK with going on alone to finish the planned ride. I agree with what cacomly mentioned about reducing the distance to a more manageable distance. This will give you time if problems arise. Remember, you only have to do 1620 kilometres for the SS1600. All the very best..
Thank You so much HACKLE i will have some alternate plan too... keep you guys update