Sandstorm Spun Aluminum Aux Tank * SOLD*

TdLpps

Premier Member
Heavy Duty Spun Aluminum Aux Fuel Tank built about one year ago. 12" diameter, 11.5625" length. Center Fill. Single vertical baffle just off the center of the tank. -6AN male fitting at bottom of tank. Vent pipe in filler neck. Meets requirements of IBR use tank construction.

Dimensionally, it measures out at 5.4 gallons. I've filled it on level ground and gotten 5.33 gallons just as the fuel makes contact with the bottom of the filler neck.

Comes with mounting straps, cap. In good shape but does show light signs of use.

As it was custom made, it cost $240 a year ago. Selling for half that -- $120 plus shipping UPS Ground -- figure $20-$30 depending on your distance from Southern California. Obviously, local pickup is fine.

Last edited:

TdLpps

Premier Member
It's been on two bikes.

First, my 1978 CB750A:

Then, when I lost the engine in that bike, I fitted it to a Silver Wing scooter I built to replace the Hondamatic:

Last edited:

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Thanks. I'm considering one for my Ultra Limited. Though 6 + the 5.4 is under 11.5, I'm thinking I don't go over 5 gal for an aux tank, something like the 5 gal 10 X 16.