SAS TOUR 2023 (formerly known the Invictus) 20th May 2023

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
The 8 hour IBA, S.A.S Tour is now open (see link below)
The area has changed slightly, it has now moved to Sussex & Surrey.

SAS Tour 2023
(Saturday 20th May)

Objectives to provide riders a taste of IBA rallying in a relatively quiet area of the country, prior to entering the Brit Butt Rally or certificated rides. Veteran riders can use it as another opportunity to hone their navigation skills without riding the same distances encountered in multi-day rallies. We see this as an opportunity to encourage newcomers with a gentle introduction into our sport while offering everyone a great day's riding around the Sussex and Surrey countryside.

Location Sussex & Surrey. The tour will start and finish at an area close to the centre of the tour area will only be disclosed to entrants for security. The tour offers approximately 60 locations spread across the beautiful Sussex and Surrey countryside, with the emphasis being on countryside. Most of the bonus locations have been chosen in an effort to avoid built-up areas and major highways to enhance your riding pleasure. Each location will carry points score. And some locations can earn you extra points by answering a question or completing a combination of bonuses.

All you have to do is plan to visit as many locations as you can up to a limit of 25 and take a photo of the location that matches the photo and instructions in the Tour book, send an email to a specified email address as instructed to claim the points. The tour book will be supplied a week prior to the start, once you have paid the (non refundable) £20 entrance fee,. so, this will give you plenty of time to plan your route.

The rider with the highest score wins. The first 3 will get a trophy and every other competitor will get a certificate.

All profits made this year will go to: Bike Tours for the Wounded https://www.facebook.com/BikeToursForTheWounded/

If you have ever wondered where you can go and ride somewhere different, either on your own or with mates at the weekend, where you have never been or had reason to go to before this could be ideal for you.

Register for entry here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
The SAS Tour formerly known as the Invictus Tour is now open for you to sign up to and have a great days riding around the beautiful Sussex & Surry countryside on Saturday 20th May 2023.

Here is a bit more information.

Invictus Tour 2 2022 (2).jpg

Background

Iron Butt UK organises three rallies during the year. The 8 hour SAS Tour in the Spring formerly the Invictus Tour. The 12 hour Brit Butt Light, held in the summer and the 36 hour Brit Butt Rally in the autumn. This is the ninth running of the 8 hour event.

Objectives to provide riders a taste of IBA rallying in a relatively quiet area of the country, prior to entering the Brit Butt Rally or certificated rides. Veteran riders can use it as another opportunity to hone their navigation skills without riding the same distances encountered in multi-day rallies. We see this as an opportunity to encourage newcomers with a gentle introduction into our sport while offering everyone a great day's riding around the Sussex and Surrey countryside.

Location Sussex & Surrey. The tour will start and finish at an area close to the centre of the tour area will only be disclosed to entrants for security. The tour offers approximately 60 locations spread across the beautiful Sussex and Surrey countryside, with the emphasis being on countryside. Most of the bonus locations have been chosen in an effort to avoid built-up areas and major highways to enhance your riding pleasure. Each location will carry points score. And some locations can earn you extra points by answering a question or completing a combination of bonuses.

All you have to do is plan to visit as many locations as you can up to a limit of 25 and take a photo of the location that matches the photo and instructions in the Tour book, send an email to a specified email address as instructed to claim the points. The tour book will be supplied a week prior to the start, once you have paid the (non refundable) £20 entrance fee,. so, this will give you plenty of time to plan your route.

The rider with the highest score wins. The first 3 will get a trophy and every other competitor will get a certificate.

All profits made this year will go to: Bike Tours for the Wounded https://www.facebook.com/BikeToursForTheWounded/

If you have ever wondered where you can go and ride somewhere different, either on your own or with mates at the weekend, where you have never been or had reason to go to before this could be ideal for you.

Attachments

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
1681562180946.png
The SAS Tour 20th May 2023
Finally, it may just be permissible to suggest the riding season is here. The nights are getting shorter & the days longer, the roads are becoming drier (and mostly salt free) and so we thought it timely to bring you up to speed on news here from the Iron Butt Association UK about the SAS Tour.

If you sometimes like me struggle to work out where to go for a ride, then the SAS tour may be just for you. It’s a challenge to plan your route around approximately 60 bonus locations, collecting photos and points. But out of those 60 you can only collect 25 bonus locations with a limit of 300 miles in a time limit of 8 hours.

This is the IBA beginner tour, for the IBA. Don’t worry if you have never entered anything like this before. There is lots of helpful advice in the tour book which is emailed to every entrant, and a phone number to call if you have any questions. The bonus location details, are sent to entrants 1 week beforehand. So you have plenty of time to plan a route. We don’t make the actual location of the start and finish public to help keep the bikes safe. Only entrants are informed as soon as they have entered and paid the £20.00 (non- refundable) entrance fee they can book their accommodation if required. All profits go to charity, this year it will be for.

Route 66 | Bike Tours for the Wounded | Burton-on-Trent

Most of the bonus locations are in the beautiful countryside of Sussex & Surry. This then allows you can plan a fantastic ride to interesting places down roads that you have probably never been down before to places you have never been to before. This is open not just to IBA members but to any person on a motorcycle whether you are new to motorbikes or an old hand. It’s all about introducing you to the Iron Butt Association, but most of all having a great days safe riding around the beautiful Sussex & Surry countryside..

There is only 4 weeks left now before the details of bonus locations are sent to entrants. There still some spaces left, but don’t delay the entrance is limited to 50 entrants.

More Info and entry form here sas.ironbutt.co.uk

Cheers winglider IBA Member

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Practice period for the SAS Tour 2023 is now open and will remain available until Friday 12th May 2023.

Send email bonus claims to [email protected] using rider number 39 or 42, bonus codes 11 to 31. Any photo will do, only its presence is checked, it won't actually be examined. The SAS uniquely calls for a fifth field, the answer to a question. The system will capture any text after the claim time and present that to the scorers as the answer. eg: 39 22 54543 1457 the dog and bull will be processed as rider #39, bonus 22, odo 54543, claim time 2:57pm, answer "the dog and bull".

No claim feedback will be sent/received during the Tour itself.

Hello folks!
I'm all signed up and have received a confirmation email, which has given me the start location but not a start time.
This is the first of these that I have done so if I'm missing anything obvious, feel free to let me know!

Winglider

Ex-Wiinglider
IBA Member
Hi Hobbington
The start time is 9am on Saturday , please be at the start location aproximatly 1/2 an hour before the start so you can sign in.
If you are traveling to the start area on Friday we will be at the start location from approximatly 4pm till 8pm on Friday if you want to signin and have a chat.
Cheers Steve, (Tour Bastard)

I have just got a response from the email test.
Mostly good apart from:
"Ok for testing but in the rally you MUST use your registered email address."

When I registered with yourselves, the end of my email address was put as '@gmail.com'
However, when I send from my phone, it uses '@googlemail.com'.
Obviously GMail recognises these as the same thing but your system does not.
How can we resolve this? It is possible to alter my registered email address?

Mostly good apart from:

When I registered with yourselves, the end of my email address was put as '@gmail.com'
I've changed my registered email address but I still get the same result.....

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Mostly good apart from:

I'll sort that out for you, it'll be fine

I'll sort that out for you, it'll be fine
I thought I'd try again in case the system took a while to register a change of email address.
Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same message and as you can imagine, this is a little disconcerting.
How much longer will the testing facility be available?