Saturday Zoom high noon BST (-1GMT)

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Hi guys, due to the overwhelming success we are making our Zoom R2E's a regular Saturday thing. Why not join in today, just use the below HOT Link:

David Badcock is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: David Badcock's Personal Meeting Room

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8110582084

Meeting ID: 811 058 2084

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
We had four join in. I and Daz Dilkes had a great chat about the K1600GTL and other Sports Touring bikes.

Phil tried to join us under arduous circumstances and due to high wind, COVID-19 public Social Distancing issues I bumped him out of the meeting!

Finally, Danny C.Dossman joined in from a Motel Room in Colorado he was sharing with a mate on his way to a physical R2E, after a night of being forced to consume Jack Daniels; Danny was not with us long as he needed Coffee.

Hopefully, see you next week? Same credentials

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Has anyone explained about timezones to you Dave? You know that BST is GMT +1?

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Yes, last entry shown there is 10am GMT = 11am BST.

12 noon BST is 11am GMT so BST is GMT+1 not GMT-1

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
Is that because people were confused about the time, I mean GMT-1 is two hours different to GMT+1

GarminDave

Ex-Arkwright
Premier Member
Well, Bob,

two things.

Firstly it was on the IBA UK site so the target audience would know it was Noon BST and my incompetence at saying GMT was one hour behind BST was neither here nor there to my target audience.

Secondly, because I keep the Zoom meeting without a password anyone two hours early or two hours late did not try to enter my Zoom meeting room. So once again no one was inconvenienced at my incompetence.

I will, of course, amend the post header with a '+' instead of a '-' and await the inundation of interested parties.

Thank you for your interest in this matter and BTW why were you not present?

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
That's much more positive, well done :cool:

My, admittedly rather lame, excuse for yesterday was that at the relevant time I was engaged wielding a chainsaw in a slightly remote set of fields, without 3/4/5g or wifi signal. I shall strive to work more efficiently next time.