seats for 2009 BMW1200 GS

I know it is a personal choice, but I need to get a new seat and was looking for Iron Butt riders opinions. Since we sit for days on our seats, it seems like your reviews
would be more useful.

Thanks

Marc11

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
RDL would be my first choice, although I currently have a Sargent and for an off the shelf it isn't bad, much better than stock and 1000 mile per day capable.

Jim Craig

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I had a seat made for me by Rich Phillips leather (https://richphillipscycles.com/). He's local to St. Louis and he makes an incredible seat with a unique suspension system. I picked him over the RDL because he was local, very easy to work with, and got the seat done really fast. He adjusted it for free until it was perfect. This guy is an old school craftsman.

He gave me exactly what I needed, he rides a GS so he knows what works. I just completed a SS2000 Gold and never even thought about the seat being uncomfortable. He was also less expensive than a RDL.

I've tried the Air Hawk (it was okay), Sargent on my old 08 GS (pretty decent), Saddleman (gel never worked well for me, was still very stiff after 1000+miles), and I've tried the beads (ceramic, not a major improvement over the stock seat alone IMHO).
1565112681873.png