Sena/phone bluetooth interaction.

Ed.

Premier Member
A query for those more technically savvy than me, if I may.
Is it possible to access/control any of the various (android) digital assistants (eg. google asstant or bixby)using a sena headset (in this case a 10R)?
I have had a bit of a google around and couldn't find anything definitive but reading between the lines, I suspect maybe not. Does anyone have any more insight to this?

Firstpeke

Can't speak from a position of having researched it or fully comprehending the whole range of "stuff" but......

My NT1100 has apple car play and when I pair the phone with a USB cable and then bluetooth the headset to the bike it kills the intercom in about three hours....

Normally I used to get about 18 hours from the SC10U in my Schuberth.....

It does do stuff with Siri, but my suspicion is it holds the mike open, possibly continuously, thus stuffing the system in a short time....

I now don't use car play and unpair the headset by cycling the headset off and on again to disconnect it from the bike......

Edit: I haven't used it with my 10R since moving to the Garmin Zumo XT....

That's about all I know currently!

Last edited:

Terrywerm

I have the HJC Smart 20B, which is the Sena 20S in a slightly different wrapper. It has more features than the 10 series and it is unable to use those voice activated features directly. However, with my phone paired up and in its holder on the bike, I can then tap the Google microphone icon on the screen and the phone will respond to my voice commands, but I cannot simply use "Hey Google" to get the phone to initially respond. A manual button press is required.

With the latest firmware update to the 20 series, I can now activate Google voice commands on my phone by pressing and holding the center button for 3 seconds when the headset is in standby mode. Once activated I can use Google voice commands normally.

The newer 50 series from Sena does have direct voice activation of Google, Siri, etc without any manual intervention required.

Ed.

Premier Member
Yep, if I press and hold the middle button for 3" then it opens the microphone for bixby (or I presume the default assistant app) and I can use it with saying the magic words.
Thanks for the solution.

Edit, I haven't yet tried it on the bike with wind noise etc. Will report back if there is a problem, but I suspect it should be ok as the 3" function is identified as "voice dialing" in the sena instructions.