Sheepskin seat cover

JON12A

IBAUK's retired Shop Keeper
Premier Member
IBA Member
Thanks everyone for the input. The sheep seemed the cheap option initially but required a visit to Northampton for tailoring. Although mainly because I didn't have the time to go upon there, the petrol costs for a 200+ mile round trip brought me to within £20 of an air-hawk which could be delivered to my door. So that is what I have chosen as a starter. I get to experiment with pressures on the San Marino RTE and hopefully I will have a winner.
Eee Lad thas mist a trick there.
Looking out a yonder winder, i can see plenty a sheep int field.
Some are better known to me than others.
Ah could a sent tha one if ad a known tha add a tender arse !
Must be a Southern thing this affliction.

Last edited:

MotoSkyracer

RBLR1000
IBA Member
I used to have one on my FJR from the same company (Easirider) but when I bought my GSA they didn't have a pattern for the low Sargent seat I'd bought for it. I went to their factory shop took the seat off and they made one up there and then, so they now have a pattern for this style of saddle.

They aren't cheap but are a custom fit with a draw cord around the base. It certainly makes the already comfortable Sargent seat that bit more comfy on long rides and rallies which is all I fit it for. You can see it in this picture taken during last year's Brit Butt Rally by a rock commemorating the location of some Trumpet factory ;) :D

Saw your bike at Squires this RBLR. Interesting set up on the back. What does it comprise of?

Ahamay

The Joker
IBA Member
Went to easy rider and got one made to fit a standard Sergeant seat gave it a thorough testing on the RBLR 1000
it works, so get some bleat on your seat:D

I notice there none being used anyone got one i can try or buy?
might consider one of these http://www.sheepskinshop.co.uk/product-category/sheepskin-motorbike-seat-covers/
Yes, here you can see the options. I saw something similar there. https://leather-toolkits.com/types-of-leather/sheepskin-leather/ There is also an article on how to care for this type of skin and how to use it correctly. Sheepskin is second to none when compared to other types of leather.

Safari Ferg

Safari Ferg, President IBA Ireland
Premier Member
A firm called Sheepy Hollow (https://www.sheepyhollow.com/) in Oz makes really good motorcycle sheepskin covers, I bought one many years ago for my K1100LT-SE, which was very comfy, keeping you a wee bit warmer in winter and reducing the heat in summer.
I stopped using it when I got my seat re-modeled by Seth Lamb in the US of A.
It didn't get particularly wet when riding but it did when parked, so I got a local sailmaker to fabricate an elasticated PVC cover which I still use; the manufacturers reckon if it does get wet, leave the bike under cover on the side stand and will drain and dry quickly.
A good piece of kit albeit not the cheapest, however, as the saying goes "any fool can be uncomfortable".

IBA-Tiger

Re: Sheepy Hollow - unresponsive to emails or other forms of contact, dunno what's happened.
[I have had one of their covers for many years.]

Safari Ferg

Safari Ferg, President IBA Ireland
Premier Member
Maybe they are slow to respond down there? I recently emailed an NZ firm who make exhausts, looking for a price for an XT/TT 500 (nearly all the ones on FleaBay are crazy money or full of tin worm), it took them several days to get back to me.

I find that if you have both an air-hawk and a sheepskin, the greatest benefits are going with neither till uncomfortable, putting either hawk or skin on for a bit then swapping with the other. Repeating this routine gives you 3 different seats in one ride:)

I use a Cool Cover, https://www.coolcovers.co.uk/ on my Triumph Trophy SE.

It's custom made to your bike, allows for air to circulate underneath - which works well during Florida's high humidity days. Doesn't allow for water puddling, so you never feel like you're sitting in water. I've been using it for a couple of years now and several thousand miles - it's worked well for me.