So what will you be riding?

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Dont worry ziggy, i only saw people at first fuel stop, and wick, most wont be doing iron butt stops so easy to get in and out quick, plus, even with ld tank, you still have to stop for receipt.
Sounds good... & I think I'm getting use to stopping for receipts now.. o_O

Bimbler

RBLR1000 Publicity
IBA Member
Yep me too Gordon , I was not going to fit the Aux Tank but now I'm having a re-think . .. All these riders heading down the same road I need to be 50 to 150 miles away from them..
Or should I extend my RBLR1000 challenge and shift into Group riding ..... :rolleyes: ......... NO I don't think I couldn't cope 1 or 2 perhaps..
Even on the years when 200 were taking part there were only 50 on each route and with a 3 hour start window it spread them even more. The only "traffic jam" was at Birch for the North Clockwise - about 50 miles from the start and that is dealt with by marshalls there. So you will never have to queue at a garage (unless it is for the loo).

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Even on the years when 200 were taking part there were only 50 on each route and with a 3 hour start window it spread them even more. The only "traffic jam" was at Birch for the North Clockwise - about 50 miles from the start and that is dealt with by marshalls there. So you will never have to queue at a garage (unless it is for the loo).
Decided I'm going to fill up at Birch ... So I can just do a straight run up to Fort William .... it's only 320 so within the 350 limit and makes less fuel stops for the day. :)

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Decided I'm going to fill up at Birch ... So I can just do a straight run up to Fort William .... it's only 320 so within the 350 limit and makes less fuel stops for the day. :)
Now that sounds like 'riding the plan' :p Anyone would think you'd done one of these certificate ride thingies before ;) :D

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Now that sounds like 'riding the plan' :p Anyone would think you'd done one of these certificate ride thingies before ;) :D
Only one or two ;) ... Pity they did not put up a RBLR1500 Gold for the IBA Riders to extend their challenge ..
They seem to have looked at the new entrants that may not like a 1000 miles and put together a 500 mile for them ... but a RBLR1500 Gold could have appealed to the previous RBLR & IBA Riders.
The advantage on the 1500 Gold is if they day is not going too well you can still do the 1000 ....

Still time ... as IBA riders should know the SP on Fatigue/receipts/corner markers/avg Speed ... etc

Last edited:

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Only one or two ;) ... Pity they did not put up a RBLR1500 Gold for the IBA Riders to extend their challenge ..
They seem to have looked at the new entrants that may not like a 1000 miles and put together a 500 mile for them ... but a RBLR1500 could have appealed to the previous RBLR & IBA Riders.
The advantage on the 1500 Gold is if they day is not going too well you can still do the 1000 .... Still time ... as IBA riders should know the SP on Fatigue/receipts/corner markers/avg Speed ... etc ..
History has proved that many of the riders who complete the RBLR1000 in 24 hours unfortunately do not go on to complete harder rides, or indeed take part in IBA rallies. If anyone fancies the challenge of doing a harder ride as part of the RBLR1000 they can and have done so by themselves without needing to make it an organized thing. There have been riders who've ridden in the event and completed a Bunburner Gold and in 2012 I combined the northern route to form part of a SS2000.

The good thing this year despite the late start and consequently lower numbers is that over half the field don't have IBA numbers so could well be new to the sport, which can only be a good thing :)

Last edited:

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sounds good that they are 50 ish new riders ...

Ref BBG1500 and the RBLR I can only see BB1500 which are 36 hours ? on the role of honour..

Keeping on the theme of a 24 hr ride that's Why my question query was .. It's a pity it has not been considered in the mix ....
500 Miles Intro ... SS1000 First ride or riders that want to do the same and a BBG1500 for experienced riders that like to push the day's challenge.

Anyway Glad to be part of it at last due to the disappointment of last year.

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Ziggy

This is the link to Crezz'z BBG report for his ride in 2012

http://www.ironbutt.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7518&KW=rblr+1500

Thanks Gordon had a read .... The role of honour has the BBG1500 but no Ref to the RBLR ... Yes it's not an RBLR1000 but a Event classification would have been nice ( RBLR )

So if it's been done ... Why not the option ?

Again ... Not my call it was just a question to promote IBA events..

Time to get back to the garage.:)

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
I normaly fill at Berwick (morrisons) check point, mars bar at Edin, then refuel at Inverness top up in Wick checkpoint, then a

you need to check in at Fort William quick Mars bar or top up to make sure

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
They seem to have looked at the new entrants that may not like a 1000 miles and put together a 500 mile for them ... but a RBLR1500 Gold could have appealed to the previous RBLR & IBA Riders.
The advantage on the 1500 Gold is if they day is not going too well you can still do the 1000 ....

Still time ... as IBA riders should know the SP on Fatigue/receipts/corner markers/avg Speed ... etc

That could be an idea for next year

Ziggy

Just Another Rider
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I normaly fill at Berwick (morrisons) check point, mars bar at Edin, then refuel at Inverness top up in Wick checkpoint, then a

you need to check in at Fort William quick Mars bar or top up to make sure

Fort William is my Fuel stop being 320 miles from Birch :)

GraemeandSally

RBLR 1000
Premier Member
Any of you heading north may be a good idea to look at going up north via the A19 due to road works around scotch corner and the same coming back via the A1 look at coming back down the A19, could hit speed restriction and have been a few road closures on the A1 in the area over weekend nights

FJRPilot

Premier Member
IBA Member
Any of you heading north may be a good idea to look at going up north via the A19 due to road works around scotch corner and the same coming back via the A1 look at coming back down the A19, could hit speed restriction and have been a few road closures on the A1 in the area over weekend nights
I did that one year coming back clockwise. Apart from the first part it pretty much parallels the A1 but with no roadworks. That's one thing to keep an eye out for and update riders during the briefing.