Sold...thanks for playing...

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
Marriage ended, passion for riding is just not there, and I want to/need to sell this motorcycle, to clear my ledger and assist in my flight training.

For $11,500, you get:
  • Just over 49,000 miles; I performed all services except for the original 600-mile
  • Oil sample check by Blackstone Labs; report is good
  • Ebony Metallic (the best color ever offered)
  • MachineArt Moto fender extender and engine head covers
  • Cyclops LED light kit (all three bulbs in front)
  • HaloCam M1 front and rear dashcam w/GPS and mic
  • RCU Designs accessory shelf
  • BMW Navigator VI. This is nearly $1,000 by its lonesome!
  • Neutrino Element power distribution system (I had it installed but recently removed it). This WILL POWER heated gear and uses an app to control it
  • Warm-n-Safe remote controllers x2, mounted under the RCU shelf; available ONLY if you also want the heated gear (jacket, pants gloves, socks)
  • Ilium Works Bar Backs
  • RAM X-Grip phone holder
  • Wunderlich Flash mirrors
  • Givi ST602 Sport-T Tanklock 4L Tank Bag
  • Sargant World Sport Performance Plus heated seat with custom piping to match the bike's secondary color (rider only- rear seat is OEM). OEM rider seat is not available
  • Utopia adjustable back rest for the rider w/detachable pouch
  • Ilium Works engine and saddlebag crash guards
  • Ilium Works versatile highway pegs w/extra bolts
  • Wunderlich rider foot peg lowering kit
  • Wunderlich LED microflooters (not installed)
  • Clearwater Erica lights (w/CANopener) mounted under the mirrors; I also have the crash guard mounting kit and the clear and yellow lens covers
  • Clearwater Billie Jr., auxiliary brake light
  • BMW Sport 3 large AND small bags
  • Denali Soundbomb Mini horn w/adapter (no extra fuses to worry about and it's loud)
  • Pitbull hybrid front fork stand
  • Slime air compressor
  • New battery (less than 3 months)
  • Rear tire is Dark Side and uses an adaptor plate and longer lug bolts. Bike was ridden with this setup for over 40K miles on IBA rides and through the Dragon and the mountains with ZERO issues. Bike sold ONLY with this setup
  • Bead Rider seat beads
  • SpeedBleeders for the front and rear. These things are nothing short of awesome
The dashcam is powered via USB using an OptiMate dual-USB 12V adapter but it can also be hard-wired (wiring kit included). I find it easier to use the USB option. The dashcam is controlled through an app on your phone but is normally not needed. Audio/video stored on included 256GB SD card which is more than enough space for a BBG 3,000. Data can also be uploaded to your PC/laptop via Wi-Fi connection, but is slower. You can adjust recording length up to five-minute clips and the system will produce separate clips for the front and rear cameras in those time-increment sizes. It's 1080p so it's not going to be like a GoPro, but that's not exactly what its mission is, but the quality isn't chopped liver, either. Effective day and night.

The bike has all the factory options, except for the alarm and central locking. The exhaust is chrome and the wind screen is the normal height one.

Even though the bike has an integrated audio system, I have removed the speakers and the receiver because the system is not up to snuff. These parts will be included. I have used the right speaker cavity as the installation location for the dashcam DVR.

I removed the audio connections in the right storage pocket and covered and sealed the hole it went though. I did this because I removed the audio system and no longer need that cable hogging space. This is reversible.

When the bike wasn't ridden, it was garaged. Washed and cared for regularly. There will be the usual scuff marks on some of the plastics, but nothing that would make you feel ashamed about. There will be some boot marks on the tops of the saddlebags. I used the bike several times to carry photographers around for various Iron Man events and marathons.

Any screw, bolt, nut, part, or bulb, that I took off when installing aftermarket parts, I kept and will be included. I also have an extra set of brake pads.

Not included, but available if an acceptable offer is received:
  • GS911 Wi-Fi (fits both styles of plug). Only two slots used- this bike and one other from the original owner of the GS911
  • UniCarScan BT w/long cable. Use this on your road trips instead of hauling the -911 since it's easier. Uses the MotoScan app, available only for Android. NO MAXIMUM for numbers of bikes it can be used on
  • Specialty tools needed to check valve clearances and replace the shims (including shim kit)
  • A customized rear rack by Maple Farkles. This uses the mounting hardware to fit his auxiliary fuel tank to the rear rack PLUS a custom deck AND upper shelf. I have made further modifications to mount a custom metal passenger backrest that can also carry a 1-gallon water cooler on the frontside AND a 1-gallon RotoPax fuel can on the back PLUS be able to still carry one or both (if stacked), of the BMW bags.
The saddlebags have 3M reflective tape on the rear and sides. I also have Mississippi State Alumni and Mascot stickers over those. I don't want to remove because they might damage the reflective tape underneath. I have a few IBA stickers on the saddlebags and on the front windscreen, along with an American flag and skull sticker supporting our police.

I had a lot of fun with this thing and it was always 100% reliable and dependable. I completed a lot of IBA rides in a very short time, though heat, snow, ice, rain, and cold, and it never went down or failed me once...other than the dumb operator running out of gas a few times :). I would like to see the new owner be of similar mindset and run this baby because she loves the open road.

Last edited:

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
These pictures show the installation of the M1 dashcam DVR and camera locations. When I wash the bike, I will remove the speaker grill and cover the DVR with a Ziplock bag since the DVR isn't fully waterproof. However, when mounted in this location, it stays dry in the rain on a ride.

The smaller running lights you see are the Wunderlich microflooters that I had installed. They make great running lights, but they don't add more light for riding at night. I eventually removed them and used the Erica's exclusively.

Attachments

Last edited:

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
When I installed the Clearwater Erica's under the mirrors, I unfortunately had one of those bikes where there wasn't enough clearance to mount the bracket in between the mirror and the side body panel. I had to cut a slot on both sides to fit them to my liking and one of the benefits is that the wiring is better hidden than in other installs I've seen. If you were to remove the brackets, I doubt you would even see the slots from a normal standing position.

Attachments

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
Here you can see the custom Maple Farkles pieces mentioned earlier. The cavity under the shelf will fit a 3-gallon RotoPax fuel can. This setup is what I used before making another custom setup and using a 1-gallon can instead of the 3-gallon one. At this point in time, I hadn't installed the dashcam and the Erica's were mounted on the crash bars. You can also see the various stickers on the bike. This is how it looked at the Iron Man competition in Chattanooga, TN, in 2018.

Attachments

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
Here is the video describing that whole setup Maple created for me. Again, this is basically the same setup needed to mount his fuel tank on the luggage rack and place a luggage deck on top of that. Apparently, BMW changed the underside of the luggage rack and he had to make a few modifications, but the setup is the same.

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
Here is the new setup. I took the original backrest and cut it so that the rear matches the general profile of the luggage rack, which then allows me to carry one of the BMW bags normally. I then had a new backrest fabricated and setback an angle of about 10-degrees. The new piece has been powder coated. You can see what it looked like before I added the various mounting points for the hydration system. The new luggage deck and backrest are adjustable fore and aft. Finally, you can see the Maple Farkles original luggage rack baseplate, which everything attaches to. Needless to say, none of this was cheap (figure about $1,100 was spent).

Attachments

Very sorry you have had to go through a divorce. Been there - very emotional time. Wind therapy does help.
GLWS - some one will get a well taken care of and set up LD bike.

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
Here are more photos of the bike when it's in it's "normal" mode. As you can see, nothing outlandish about it.

It was also suggested that the car tire thing may be a sticking point. Perhaps. So if that's a problem, the rear tire can be swapped for a regular MC tire but at an additional expense. As mentioned earlier, the front is practically brand new.

Attachments

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
Also, decals come off when bike is sold. If this doesn't sell before the end of April, I'll probably be keeping it, so I don't want to have to go through the time and expense of putting new ones back on.

413Sean

Premier Member
Sorry, i have missed location? I suppose not interested in Trading towards a 12' K1600gt all setup for LD riding, 43K, RDL Seat, cleawater ericas, mirror mounted, adv designs highway pegs on kraauser crash bars, color matched saddle bags and topcase . Im in MA by the way, and wanting to get back on a RT ever since i sold mine 2 years ago, this one sure has caught my attention!!.

Thanks

Sean Tunstall

413Sean

Premier Member
Mighty fine well built bike by the way. Sorry to hear of the circumstances of the sale. Ive been there unforunately.

Edit, What part of TN? Im gonna be down that way in a couple weeks on my GT

BMW RT Pilot

Premier Member
Mighty fine well built bike by the way. Sorry to hear of the circumstances of the sale. Ive been there unforunately.

Edit, What part of TN? Im gonna be down that way in a couple weeks on my GT
Unfortunately, not interested in a trade; for the time being, I am stepping aside from two-wheeling and it may be for awhile as I embark on this new chapter in my life.

I am in Murfreesboro...just SE of Nashville.