South Carolina Saddle Sore 1000

Bruce

Is anyone interested in riding a saddle sore 1000 in or around the Columbia area? I would like to attempt the ride in either April or May. As I have not chosen a route yet I am open to suggestions.

Bruce

dmcqueeney

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Is anyone interested in riding a saddle sore 1000 in or around the Columbia area? I would like to attempt the ride in either April or May. As I have not chosen a route yet I am open to suggestions.

Bruce
Bruce ... Here's one suggestion for you. I rode an In-state SaddleSore in SC in March, 2014. It was a simple, Interstate route, with 7 legs, of lengths from 102 to 194 miles. Started in Dillon, ended in Hardeeville, and passed through the Columbia area several times on a route to various corners of SC.
Google Maps shows the route as 1,059 miles, with a duration of 15:23 (that's riding time only, not including stops).
Here's the GM link: https://tinyurl.com/McQ-SS1K-SC
Regards ... Dave

Bruce

Bruce ... Here's one suggestion for you. I rode an In-state SaddleSore in SC in March, 2014. It was a simple, Interstate route, with 7 legs, of lengths from 102 to 194 miles. Started in Dillon, ended in Hardeeville, and passed through the Columbia area several times on a route to various corners of SC.
Google Maps shows the route as 1,059 miles, with a duration of 15:23 (that's riding time only, not including stops).
Here's the GM link: https://tinyurl.com/McQ-SS1K-SC
Regards ... Dave

Thanks Dave,

I'll give it a look!

Matt Hube

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Sounds good Bruce. Let me know what you're thinking in terms of dates and we'll start planning. I like Dave's route, but I'm certainly open to some backroad riding as well.

Matt

JimBurriss

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The route Mr. McQueeney shared is almost the same as one I did a few years back, including the time and mileage. I remember it being a straightforward SS1K with no issues other than a couple minor slowdowns around Columbia.

Enjoy and if ya need anything around Greenville let me know.