Speed vs Distance Examples

XPLSV

Premier Member
I was talking to a salesman the other day while trying to find a new helmet for the little lady and he said he was turned down for a S1000 certification. I asked him if he was going too fast—he said “that is what they told me.” I asked him how fast and he said one leg averaged 140 mph. yeah. I told him there was no disputing that was excessive.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
I am fairly new to this group, 70mph in a lot of places is a speeding fine and demerit points from our licenses here in Queensland, Australia. and it would seem the chances of getting caught are forever improving with speed cameras all over the place.
Rural road speeds here in North America range from 65 mph/105 kph to 85 mph/135 kph.

ibafran

I am fairly new to this group, 70mph in a lot of places is a speeding fine and demerit points from our licenses here in Queensland, Australia. and it would seem the chances of getting caught are forever improving with speed cameras all over the place....
My first SS1k included a planned hour's worth of 25mph scenic road that really had to be ridden at 25mph. Corners were too blind and driveways were too hidden and the trees and shrubbery grew right to the edge of the narrow pavement to ride any faster without a lot of risk. Hope to ride Australia some day.
fran