Spotwalla/Bubbler Lite and Google Maps

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
Is there a navigation system capable of this on a android phone (Note 8) that won't mess with Bubbler?
Plot the ten stops for the first part of the journey in Google Maps on the computer. Use the 'send to phone' function, which then takes it & sends your phone a link, which opens Maps on your phone when you click on it. Create the remainders and save the data (e.g. create https://goo.gl/maps/uX... links) & save them. I use Google Keep for mine.

When first route is done, go to Keep, pull up link & Maps should have the second part of your route loaded, starting from your present location.

My bike (Goldwing) does have a GPS on it, so the bike GPS gets the GPX route, and my cell phone give me options, a second opinion (Waze) and so forth.

Yes, there is. Google Maps
What do you use for interactive navigation?...but you can't start or continue a route....I'd like to pre-program my routes, and run from gas station to gas station. Is there a navigation system capable of this on a android phone (Note 8) that won't mess with Bubbler?
You can do ALL that with Google Maps!

1. Find all your waypoints on the map
2. Tap the fist one and expand the info bar for that location
3. Copy the coordinates and paste them in the mappedme window
4. Repeat for the rest of the waypoits (41 or whatever)
5. Send it to Google Maps and review all the locations to make sure they're where you want them to be.
*at this stage you can edit each point and change its location*
6. Tap done and send the route to your home screen
7. Each time you tap on the home screen icon navigation will start automatically - you can delete the waypoints no longer relevant and resave the updated route to your home screen

Play with it and gain some experiece. Eventually, it is simpler thsn it sounds...

mcrigid

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Copy the coordinates and paste them in the mappedme window
Hello Ammon. An older post but helpful to me as a noobie. I have tried several times to use mapped.me on my computer. Each time I attempt to type a waypoint in the "+ " box it returns a series of exclamation points. Can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Ammon. An older post but helpful to me as a noobie. I have tried several times to use mapped.me on my computer. Each time I attempt to type a waypoint in the "+ " box it returns a series of exclamation points. Can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
Yes...something went wrong with that site...!
Hope it is temporary.

Thank you. I thought it was just me.
You know they say "it's all for the best"? Well, because I couldn't leave it at that - I searched further and came across this Indian guy, Amrut, who was kind enough to share this simple and easy way to get around this 10-points limit. I tried it - and it WORKS!
[don't forget to thumb-up the video...]

mcrigid

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
You know they say "it's all for the best"? Well, because I couldn't leave it at that - I searched further and came across this Indian guy, Amrut, who was kind enough to share this simple and easy way to get around this 10-points limit. I tried it - and it WORKS!
[don't forget to thumb-up the video...]
Works great Amnon. Thanks for seeking this out and sharing. I gave Amrut a thumbs up and left a comment.

Cathy "Redboots" Davies

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I use a Garmin 595LM. I can pre configure my stops and upload to the device. The othere benefit is that it works with gloves.
I read that you use a Garmin 595. Learning its limitations. When I change symbols in Basecamp, they revert to red flags on the 595. Do you encouter the same thing? If so, have you figured out a work around? Help from others will be appreciated as well.

Stephen!

Flivver Flyer
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
I read that you use a Garmin 595. Learning its limitations. When I change symbols in Basecamp, they revert to red flags on the 595. Do you encouter the same thing? If so, have you figured out a work around? Help from others will be appreciated as well.
You need to assign symbols that are already available in the GPS. What transfers are names of the images, not the images themselves. If the GPS doesn't have an image with that name, it uses a default image.