Spotwalla pics keep loading sideways

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
No matter what I do, it seems that every time I upload a receipt picture to my Spotwalla map, it loads the picture sideways.

Is anyone else having this issue?

@Jason Jonas - Is there a setting I'm missing?

ScottAL

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Yes, it happens with me also. I made Jason aware of the issue. My workaround has been to crop the image a little. It then loads correctly.

Are you using Bubbler and loading direct from your phone? If so, I found that if it does load it sideways or upside down I would rotate phone and retake photo a coup[le of times before it would rotate correctly.

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Premier Member
They're all pictures that I've taken in portrait mode on my camera, and then loaded direct to Spotwalla after the ride. (No Bubbler)

kerrizor

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
My phone does that sometimes.. like it thinks I'm holding the phone sideways instead of whatever orientation I'm actually holding it in.. *sigh*

Russ Black

Premier Member
I take my photos with my iPhone (portrait or landscape) and then send them to Spotwalla from the phones library via SWTracker before I leave that location. They have all been orientated correctly on Spotwalla so far. I have never uploaded a photo after a ride, so that might be the culprit. Also, if you're uploading them from your computer and not the phone, this might add another wrinkle into the mix.

Firstpeke

Your phone may be set to a resolution which can only be loaded one way.. try setting your picture settings in camera to a lower res or if available the “square” setting….