Spotwalla pre-ride URL

This is my first post on the Forum, been reading them for quite a while. Getting familiar with new.spotwalla and really like it. How, exactly, do I generate a URL before a ride to enable others to follow my route? I've made two previous attempts without success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave28117

Premier Member
in spotwalla, go to trip manager. you can either create a trip, or select one of your existing ones. click on the trip and in the dropdown, select "Links". it will show you a "Default Link". you can copy that and paste it anywhere so that people can click on it to follow your trip.

here's one that I created for today while I was testing using Bubbler to post pictures within the trip.

https://new.spotwalla.com/trip/2fb4-976e4b-4780/view

This is my first post on the Forum, been reading them for quite a while. Getting familiar with new.spotwalla and really like it. How, exactly, do I generate a URL before a ride to enable others to follow my route? I've made two previous attempts without success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for the response, I appreciate your help. I did what you described without success twice. I will try again on my next ride.

Auburn

Premier Member
Thank you for the response, I appreciate your help. I did what you described without success twice. I will try again on my next ride.
Check the date range you set up for the trip. You may have the data there, just need to adjust the date range so it become visible. Did you push the tracking button on the spot device?

Last edited:

outdoorsntn

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
In the “basics” tab in Spotwalla trip manager, at the bottom is “devices”, be sure you’ve selected a
device(s), then select “update”. This seems to be a common oversight from questions we’ve fielded.

Dave28117

Premier Member
In the “basics” tab in Spotwalla trip manager, at the bottom is “devices”, be sure you’ve selected a
device(s), then select “update”. This seems to be a common oversight from questions we’ve fielded.
what he said!!!!! I just learned this with regard to using Bubbler on my phone. I had another thread about it if you want to take a look at that. It will allow you to take pictures along the way with your phone and embed those into your spotwalla tracking.