Spotwalla/SWTracker for multi-day trip

Schpark

Premier Member
IBA Member
I am taking a multi-day trip that I want to call one trip for Spotwalla and will be using SW Tracker on my iPhone. I will be creating a new track overlay with this trip to get the better resolution of where I went. So my plan is; in SWTracker to enable tracking, then enable track overlay and select create new and hit the road. At the end of each day do I just leave the tracking on so I get one complete track overlay? I am not sure if I turn off tracking and then turn it back on if it will append to my track overlay.

Hope this makes sense and if anyone knows definitively I plan on starting my trip on Saturday.

Thanks

kyspyder

Premier Member
If I recall correctly each stop/start is a new track (at least that is how it is when I have enabled tracking) - however, it has been my experience you can pull in those tracks based on the date ranges.

Russ Black

Premier Member
Enter the start date/time and end date/time in Spotwalla for your trip. Leave all the tracking "on" in SWTracker. Only turn "off" tracking when your done with the trip. If your trip happens to go longer, just leave tracking on in SWTracker and you can adjust the end date later and it will display up to that date/time.

Schpark

Premier Member
IBA Member
Thanks. I already had the trip start/end dates setup in Spotwalla. You confirmed my suspicion that I need to leave tracking on until the end of the trip to keep the track overlay tidy.