Spotwalla Validation

RichmonS

Premier Member
I have not seen this question specifically answered.

Do I have to use Bubbler GPS with Spotwalla? I have a Garmin 595LM that I can export the GPX file and then import that into Spotwalla. If I submit that URL, the original GPX file and receipts will that be sufficient?

I am trying to reduce the number of things I have to remember at the various gas stops and marking with Bubbler when I have a GPS logging the path seems like a tertiary validation.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff

Do I have to use Bubbler GPS with Spotwalla? I have a Garmin 595LM that I can export the GPX file and then import that into Spotwalla. If I submit that URL, the original GPX file and receipts will that be sufficient?

I am trying to reduce the number of things I have to remember at the various gas stops and marking with Bubbler when I have a GPS logging the path seems like a tertiary validation.
We don't care what device you use with Spotwalla.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

Scott Parish

Premier Member

I think I would run Bubbler the first time and have it available just in case there is an issue with the uploaded track or the certification team has a question. Although, GPS tracking is not required; it is a secondary/redundant method to verify the ride/route. I assume the gpx file will include date/time stamps? If not, as long as you have followed all other requirements i.e. start/end witness, dated business receipts and ride log - should be good to go.

RichmonS

Premier Member
I plan on having a GPS track to submit with my ride along with the receipts and other documentation. The 595LM will upload the tracks and include date/time stamps so that would be the same as Bubbler. The only question I had was Bubbler needed. I was not sure if uploading a GPX file had a concern on the integrity of the data. Since there is no requirement I will submit the GPX file, Spotwalla URL and paper documentation if my ride is successful.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
The way I've interpreted the supporting data is:

I use Bubber to record the track data from my phone. Spotwalla displays that data. That Spotwalla link is then sent, along with my main ride documentation, for corroboration purposes.

If the main ride documentation is adequate, my guess is the Spotwalla link never gets used.

Good luck!!

BMWguy

IBA Member
Since it's up to the rider to prove they actually did the ride, I plan on using everything available to substantiate everything...
Just short of either Ira or Michael as my pillion...
I'm no computer expert so I have no idea if Spotwalla could be manipulated, but it's just one of many resources available and since I got Bubbler GPS on my phone, I'll use it.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
How does the Sportwalla tracking work?
First, it's Spotwalla, not Sportwalla.

I would advise you visit the Web site at

https://spotwalla.com/

As they say on their home page, "SpotWalla is a secure personal location manager that supports a wide range of satellite- and cell-based tracking technologies."

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association