SS 1000

Putting together a second ride for myself and a first for my wife, who will be a back seat diva with me to Niagara falls visitor center set at this time for June 25th. Route will be south side of Indianapolis across to Columbus Ohio up through the Cleveland Outskirts through PA to Niagara and back to Indy same route . Are there any construction areas i need to be aware of ?

Dave28117

Premier Member
I had a little trouble on I70 through columbus due to construction and following a GPS with old maps. Similar problem in Indy making the I65 interchange. Those were the only problems I had from Cambridge Ohio heading west to Indy. That was last October. Not sure what state the construction is in at this point.

Baxter

I was on a part of your route between two and three weeks ago for a non-IBA ride. Indy past Columbus on I70 in particular.

I'm inferring that you're from Indy, so you know more about Indy's construction than I do, but it looks like the major construction is inside the beltway. The north side Indy beltway from Chicago toward Columbus was easy going on the first day of my trip. And from Louisville to Chicago via the west beltway was moving well in the rain on my return home eight days later. I think there was some construction on the return route through Indy.

There was a slight delay entering Columbus because of construction on the west side. Feet barely had to touch down for a very short period of stopped traffic. This was about 6:30 pm local, so the evening rush should have been over. And another delay leaving Columbus to the east where there is a lane reduction designed into the road where I70 meets I270--three lanes on I70 turn briefly to four, then two split off for I270 leaving all the I70 eastbound traffic to crowd into the remaining two lanes until after the intersection. Feet did not touch down this time.

There were not any particular road surface issues for a bike from Indy to Zanesville, OH, at that time.

Have a great trip!

This has nothing to do with your trip, but I'm still in amazement that my trip out hit Chicago at the right time so that I didn't put my feet down for all of Illinois. Not so on my return.

I was on a part of your route between two and three weeks ago for a non-IBA ride. Indy past Columbus on I70 in particular.

I'm inferring that you're from Indy, so you know more about Indy's construction than I do, but it looks like the major construction is inside the beltway. The north side Indy beltway from Chicago toward Columbus was easy going on the first day of my trip. And from Louisville to Chicago via the west beltway was moving well in the rain on my return home eight days later. I think there was some construction on the return route through Indy.

There was a slight delay entering Columbus because of construction on the west side. Feet barely had to touch down for a very short period of stopped traffic. This was about 6:30 pm local, so the evening rush should have been over. And another delay leaving Columbus to the east where there is a lane reduction designed into the road where I70 meets I270--three lanes on I70 turn briefly to four, then two split off for I270 leaving all the I70 eastbound traffic to crowd into the remaining two lanes until after the intersection. Feet did not touch down this time.

There were not any particular road surface issues for a bike from Indy to Zanesville, OH, at that time.

Have a great trip!

This has nothing to do with your trip, but I'm still in amazement that my trip out hit Chicago at the right time so that I didn't put my feet down for all of Illinois. Not so on my return.

Yes i am from the south side of Indy . The 65 , 70 north split in the city is currently closed for construction of new bridges , access . Thank you everyone for the information . The route has me going around the west side of Columbus on 270 to 71 north.