SS 1000

Completed another SS 1000 Saturday from south side of Indy to Niagara Falls visitor center. Wonderful ride even though a tad bit hot, high of 95 and a few brief sprinkles around the Columbus Ohio area later in the night. We hit construction from the Ohio border to Erie PA with single lane and slower speeds which I wasn't aware of but adjusted for. This ride took a lot longer than usual as having my wife with me on her first truly long-distance ride was a bit of a challenge with more stops than I would have preferred. The BMW K 1600 GTL ate up the miles with fuel averages between 39 and 46 MPG at an average of 75 MPH on cruise control. All total 1048 miles round trip at 20.5 hrs. With about 45 minutes up in Niagara so the wife could see the falls. She wants to do another one.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Congratulations on a successful ride and on keeping the wife engaged and happy enough that she wants to do another one. :) Now submit the ride, if you haven't already. Then, it's done. :D

My wife enjoyed Fort Niagara as well as the falls. She was not up for the cable ride across before we crossed the border though. :eek: A nice lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe on the Canadian side and a walk back across the border to our hotel. Did the Fort the next day. Recommended.

My wife is an official Iron Butt member. We got the certificates and goodies in the mail a couple days ago. Now to plan the next couple which as of this time of year may be next year as she wants to do more long-distance rides with me. May plan a ride out to Cape Cod the long way