SS1500 (miles)?

MotoSkyracer

RBLR1000
IBA Member
I'm sure I saw an SS1500 listed as a legitimate award, last year. I was planning on doing a 1500 miles in 36 hours for a charity event next year, but a latest check shows only SS1000 then SS2000. Can I get a SS1500 accredited?

I'm sure I saw an SS1500 listed as a legitimate award, last year. I was planning on doing a 1500 miles in 36 hours for a charity event next year, but a latest check shows only SS1000 then SS2000. Can I get a SS1500 accredited?
Perhaps you're thinking of the Bun Burner 1500...? 1500 miles completed in under 36 hours.

There's also a Bun Burner Silver - 1500 miles in under 30 hours and also the Bun Burner Gold - 1500 miles in under 24 hours.

MotoSkyracer

RBLR1000
IBA Member
Thanks for the heads up on the BB range. After I posted, I found the BB2500K which is practically a BB1500. The route will be UK and into Europe so I imagine I could do either. If I set up for the requirements of a silver or gold, I imagine one can 'downgrade' to the standard BB1500.

MotoSkyracer

RBLR1000
IBA Member
As I know there is no BBsilver available in IBA Germany and IBA UK
Ta. I've not long ago been on the full site and found more information on the BB1500 and BBG1500. Much better than the mobile site; in fact I think some of the info on the mobile site may be dated, somehow.

GSears

Dambuster... Bouncing panniers...
Premier Member
IBA Member
Usually to get a km ride verified by IBA UK it has to be completed on mainland Europe (km distances) If you start/end in UK it is verified in miles. I'm sure if there has been an update to this the verifier will be able to advise.

Megabuck

IBAUK Verifier
IBA Member
As far as I'm concerned, it's the rider's choice; if you started in Calais and rode the whole thing over there, I can verify in either miles or km. As you prefer miles, and you're starting this side of the Channel, then it's obviously going to be miles.

Regards,
Martin

I just had a SS1000 from Netherlands to Norway validated in miles (thanks Martin!). Makes more sense to me as although I have a digital speedo/odo I can never remember how to change it to Km :) and b) my brain works in miles.