SS1600K attempt on a 90cc Postie

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
This is great stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing the bar "lowered".

On the gearing front, I went up from stock 14T to 15T at the front if I recall. I also looked around for something smaller on the back and found nothing. Well done on making your own. You are a mechanical mad genius sir :confused: !!

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
The 'Go Taddy' Spotwalla Link works Frog - no data yet of course.

Thanks for the route link.

Have a great run.

Quote: "Sailing along just south of Tambellup so about 375km in 5 hours - right on 75km/h."

And he's riding down the main highway to Albany with a 110 kph speed limit with a 90 cc bike limited to ??? kph. Ah well, all those tiny towns with their 80-60 speed limits won't upset his momentum and moving average too much. And, looking at MetEye it looks like he's been riding into head or cross wind/breeze. That section across to Esperance and then north should help him a bit if the winds/breezes continue.
Aaaah! The insanity of it all. :rolleyes::mad::)

Skidoo

Premier Member
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, I just got an email from Frogs wife, Pamula asked me to post the following :

'Good Evening Everyone

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but little Taddy’s wheels have stopped turning. Earlier today the oil cooler cracked and dumped oil, fixed by bypassing oil cooler and filling with oil, but it must have done some damage, it’s little engine grabbed the piston just out of Gibson L. David is safe and is working on a way to get home as I type J'

What a buggar!

Quote: "What a buggar!"

Agreed! Somehow me thinks them little tiddlers do heaps more work on these 1600 km rides than was ever intended. Oh well, them's the breaks that Frog would have been aware of.

Sad! So sorry to see it end this way after getting so far around and after doing so much work on re-conditioning the little engine.

OX-34

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
What a buggar!

I saw that SPOT had stopped and hoped it was batteries...

Thanks Karl and Pamela for the bad/good news about Taddy's misadventure. I'm glad Frog is OK.

Tele

Premier Member
Gotta admire his guts and determination ...... he is OK which, in the long run of these things, is all that really matters.
And there is always another day .......