SS1K & BB1500

Jeff Kraus here. Back in March I completed BB1K & SS1500 by riding my 2014 Victory Vision from Bradenton FL > Houma LA > Pensacola FL (SS1K) > Port Charlotte FL in appx 31 hours. I mailed IB application, fuel receipts along with a check for certificates & pins per requirements to IBA's submission address. I've never received my certifications, etc. & this is my 4th inquiry I'm sending under Barb Smith's suggestions. I'm wondering if my submission was lost or if it got lost in the shuffle. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

agmom98

Premier Member
Ira, can you have Mike check on Jeff Kraus's ride? He completed it March 9-10, and mailed in his paperwork along with his payment. At this point, the check has not been cashed, nor has he heard anything at all, and it's been more than 7 months since this submission. It's a straightforward nested SS1K within a BB1500 on a very simple out and back route. Any help you can provide Jeff regarding this ride, including his need to resubmit if it's been lost, would be helpful. Thanks!

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Ira, can you have Mike check on Jeff Kraus's ride? He completed it March 9-10, and mailed in his paperwork along with his payment. At this point, the check has not been cashed, nor has he heard anything at all, and it's been more than 7 months since this submission. It's a straightforward nested SS1K within a BB1500 on a very simple out and back route. Any help you can provide Jeff regarding this ride, including his need to resubmit if it's been lost, would be helpful. Thanks!
First, if anyone has a question about a ride submission, there is no reason to waste Forum bandwidth. Please send me a PM instead.

As above, please check your inbox.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association

agmom98

Premier Member
Well... wow. As an Admin at the IBA FB page, I work hard to find answers for those who need help. When an issue pops up on the FB page where the rider has waited an inordinate length of time based on typical wait times for certification, and have seemingly exhausted all avenues to get answers after what would appear to be months and months without getting a response, or when they need a definitive answer - not crowdsourced opinion - from an IBA staffer, about ride specifics, I send them here.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
As well you should. But the Forum discussion groups are really for questions of general interest. Questions regarding specific ride submissions (i.e., "Where's my certificate?") really only pertain to a single rider, not something of general interest. So all I am doing is asking folks to simply PM me or drop me email at [email protected] if they have those sorts of questions.

The reason I asked you to check your Forum inbox was because I sent you a form that Jeff should fill out and wanted to take this specific issue offline.

Thanks.

Ira

meorfaizul

Dr Dato Kikita
Premier Member
Good Day Ira,

Can help me for 3 groups from Malaysia who have advanced IBA certification. Want to know the decision and want to make a payment.

Please help.

agmom98

Premier Member
As well you should. But the Forum discussion groups are really for questions of general interest. Questions regarding specific ride submissions (i.e., "Where's my certificate?") really only pertain to a single rider, not something of general interest. So all I am doing is asking folks to simply PM me or drop me email at [email protected] if they have those sorts of questions.

The reason I asked you to check your Forum inbox was because I sent you a form that Jeff should fill out and wanted to take this specific issue offline.

Thanks.

Ira
Thank you. Jeff did not share with me the fact that he'd already received that form from you and has already filled it out. Sorry to have taken up bandwidth. But also, glad to now have an email address to which I can refer these types of inquiries. Many have stated that they've sent multiple emails to the address given at the SS1K webpage for inquiries, and have gotten no response.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Good Day Ira,

Can help me for 3 groups from Malaysia who have advanced IBA certification. Want to know the decision and want to make a payment.

Please help.
If you read my post directly above yours, you will see that I requested such correspondence be either directed to a Forum PM or email to me.

Ira Agins
Iron Butt Association