Start page for new riders

saphena

IBAUK Webmaster
Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
I have added a new page aimed specifically at potential recruits to our website with a direct link from the front page. Hopefully some of you existing recruits, especially recent ones, will read through it and comment here on anything which you don't understand or which could be expressed better or on key topics omitted altogether.

The potential new recruits I have specifically in mind are those I bump into in the chunnel periodically who say things like "I've just ridden 1,000 miles from Rome" or "I've heard of that, how do I get started?"

Aitch

The page is a good idea. Nice work.

The main thing that spring to mind is planning (but I think you got that covered). An issue I think worth specifically mentioning is hydration - trying to keep the pace up, its tempting to skip the drinks......
A big learning point for me was temperature variation on a summer day - riding in the early hours is colder than you think (if you've never done it before).

Might be worth mentioning long distance riding is fun!

FJRPilot

Brit Butt Rallymaster RBLR1000 routemaster
Premier Member
IBA Member
Looks good Bob, especially by adding the links to take you to more specific detailed pages/information. As I'm quite anal when it comes to organisation hopefully new riders will spend more time planning their ride due to our ever increasing congestion (which adds to more accidents), overnight road closures, and being aware of/observing bad motorists. :)

FazerPhil

President IBA UK
Staff member
Premier Member
IBR Finisher
I have added a new page aimed specifically at potential recruits to our website with a direct link from the front page. Hopefully some of you existing recruits, especially recent ones, will read through it and comment here on anything which you don't understand or which could be expressed better or on key topics omitted altogether.

The potential new recruits I have specifically in mind are those I bump into in the chunnel periodically who say things like "I've just ridden 1,000 miles from Rome" or "I've heard of that, how do I get started?"
Well done Bob thanks. A must for all new riders