Starting receipt

The rules state, "* * * THE COMPUTER TIME STAMP on your FIRST/START receipt WILL BE YOUR OFFICIAL STARTING LOCATION AND TIME * * *."

What if one fuels up the night before and not at the start time/location? Gas stations around me do not open until well after I plan to start my route.

EricV

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
Any computer generated receipt will do if it has the correct info on it. It doesn't have to be fuel or an ATM. Buy a snack from any open business. Surely something is open. I know riders that started or ended with liquor store receipts, grocery store purchases, etc. Best to pre-check the receipt you plan to use. :cool:

Gerry Arel

Premier Member
IBR Finisher
ATM receipt is also approved.
And generally you don't even have to get off the bike :)
ATM receipts are great, they are usually short and easy to photograph with your ODO

As Eric shared ... check the receipt you plan to use before hand though. If you're using an ATM, use a bank one, not a convenience store one, as they often just have coded identifiers and not name and address.

Good luck with your ride!

igneouss

Premier Member
To be clear, you DO need a starting DBR that establishes your start time. Same for ending DBR. The good news is that almost any computer generated DBR will do as long as it meets the definition of 'DBR'. Hotel receipts, 7-11, ATM, local diner...etc.

Best example I can come up with: The Cape to Cape ride, Hatteras to Cape Medocino. East to West you would ride to Cape Mendocino, Take some pics, mark a point through Spotwalla, and then ride back 20 or 30 miles to the nearest town and get your official ending DBR. The clock would not stop until then. Same issue in reverse if you went West to East.

Gatey

Premier Member
IBA Member
Joka its not a must to buy fuel for a DBR.
You could buy a bottle of water or a chocolate bar or the ATM.
Nothing wrong with fuelling the night before.
Its all about the DBR not what type of purchase you made to get it.