Submitting lots of fuel/odo pics

CB650F

Premier Member
I just finished a long ride and have 80 fuel receipt pics. What is the easiest or preferred way to organize such a significant number of receipt/odometer pics so that I can make it as easy as possible for the verification team? I was thinking about putting them into a PDF, but that's still quite a large PDF. Perhaps labeling them and putting them in a .zip folder? Hmm, I don't know. For those that have done it before, how did you submit a large number of receipt pics? I would like to do it electronically, but I guess I could put it all on a flash drive and mail it in if need be.

Ira

Staff member
Premier Member
IBA Member
IBR Finisher
IBR Staff
Fuel receipt photos don't normally require high resolution, so one thing you might want to do is convert them to the lowest resolution that still provides a clear picture.

Zipping them doesn't significantly reduce the size of the photos (jpg is already a compressed format), but it could be used to organize them in some way (e.g., by date). Not sure what the compression would be converting to a pdf, but mashing all the photos into a big pdf file might make it harder to identify a specific photo.

kwthom

=o&o>
Premier Member
IBA Member
A single PDF file is what the request is for submittal - pics and all.

Over 70 photos and the other requirements ended up in a single ~9 meg file, once I compressed it with Adobe Acrobat.

In addition, my spreadsheet log identified each photo by image number, so it was cross-referenced. Each image also had the date & time stamp as part of the image.